Rediscovering...

beauty-blog

Buying new makeup means a few older items tend to get pushed aside. Recently, I've been 'shopping my stash' and delving into my makeup collection to see what bits need some love.

The Naked Basics Palette is one I always forget I have. I've been recently gravitating towards creams shadows and when I do use powder, my MAC palette is my first stop but naked basics is such a good palette. For great quality, long lasting matte shadows, you cant go wrong with Urban Decay. This palette has six neutral shadows - temptalia has great swatches here. My favourite shades are venus and walk of shame but faint is a really nice shade for using in the crease. On the outside they seem like boring, fail safe shades and I suppose they are foolproof but then again its a neutral palette - neutrals pretty much work for everyone so its a nice staple palette to own.

I have a fair few nail polishes in my collection despite not wearing polish on my nails that much, well apart from my toenails - does anyone else feel bare if their toes aren't painted?!
A great nail polish for summer is China Glaze make some noise, which is a coral red with orange tones. China glaze are one of my favourite brands and one I feel are really underrated. Their polishes are always great quality and not overpriced either. I have some new shades to blog about very soon!

My lip drawer is slightly messy right now. I have a habit of buying a lip product, wearing it like crazy and then it never seeing the light of day again - I'm determined to start incorporating more lip colours into my makeup routine, especially since I've rediscovered Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in naked (reviewed here). Its such a beautiful nude pink shade and so perfect for everyday wear. The formula is also really good quality for £15 and doesn't feel as drying as MAC lipsticks can.
Another lipstick rediscovery are Revlon Lip Butters (I swatched a few here). I was obsessed with these when they first launched- they're so comfortable and weightless to wear but I think the excitement kinda tailed off. They're still lovely lipsticks but I put them to one side for a while and I'm only just getting back around to using them. The shades are gorgeous though - strawberry shortcake and cupcake are both lovely pink hues. Similarly, I've also rediscovered the Loreal Caresse Lipsticks, which are a similar texture to lip butters in being a cross between a balm and lipstick. However, these have better pigmentation, though they are a similar price.

Have you tried any of these?


28 comments

  1. The China Glaze nail color is so vibrant! Love the reddish orange tones. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too - they're perfect for summer!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. its honestly a great palette x

      Delete
  3. I want all of the Urban Decay lipsticks SO BADLY, they are beautiful! I like to go into Debenhams every once in a while to daydream about them haha

    www.beccabutton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they have some great shades x

      Delete
  4. Where could I buy chinaglaze from in the UK?x

    Alaina (www.alanatbf.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can get them from amazon, beauty bay and nailpolish.co.uk :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I really want to try Naked Basics!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always forget about how many products I have and they just collect dust. I love the Revlon lip butters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're a good product :)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous rediscoveries! I love looking through my collection and finding things I once loved! I love my Naked Basics palette but I haven't used it in ages!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a good staple to have :)

      Delete
  8. I really like my Naked Basics Palette, even though I find it not really necessary. I have some lip butters, but my pink one melted >.<

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no thats a shame!some of my products are starting to melt in the summer heat x

      Delete
  9. I just looove that palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the naked basics palette, I always like to use it along with my naked 1. They match really well and create great looks!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the naked 1 is a nice palette x

      Delete
  11. The Urban Decay Basics palette looks lovely, I love the range of colours in it! The China Glaze polish is also so gorgeous, perfect for summer!
    Mia xx
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should start shopping my stash more too because I have a LOT and aside from my everyday loves, they're just collecting dust basically..

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its good to go through what you have now and again :)

      Delete
  13. Yep, I have the basics palette and the lip butters and they are tucked away in my stash too! Might have to retrieve them now...

    http://www.mrsdloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always nicer rediscovering something you already have than blowing money on new stuff, for some reason. I mean, new stuff is nice, but it's more rewarding being able to fall in love with things you already own.

    Sofia | Pale Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have so much love for the Naked Basics! Love that China Glaze shade

    CassandraMyee | Beauty | Fashion | Life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not stalking your blog... promise! ;)

    but seriously these products are just perfect! great post!

    Rach xxx

    shh-mysecret.blogspot.com

    Secret diary, day to day blogging or a poor student!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo