In my 2+ years of blogging, I've picked up a few tips and tricks along the way. I'm in no way a blogging expert but as a blogger and reader, theres a few suggestions I can make to make sure your blog is more user friendly.
1. Make sure your email address is visible on your blog. Having this makes it much easier for readers/companies/pr to get in touch with you.
2. Social media icons/ways to subscribe - make these clearly visible either near the top of your blog or on your blog posts too. It'll make it so much easier for people to subscribe and find you on twitter etc.
3. Use clear pictures, especially on swatches. It makes it easier to see the products and shades etc.
4. Try to keep your design uncluttered. Having too many things going on, such as flashing icons that should remain in the myspace days can make your content harder to read.
5. Use a clear font - it makes your text much easier to read.
6. Make your blog easy to load - not always easy depending on your host (blogger sometimes plays up and wont load properly) but keeping your design fairly simple and using quick loading fonts can make it easier.
7. Use sections for your blog - an about page, contact details, disclaimer, advertising etc. Any pages where further information can be found so users and new readers can learn more about you and your blog.
8. Consider linking to previous blog posts - use an archive, categories, popular posts, widgets such as linkwithin, nrelate, engageya. This is a great way of allowing users to view previous blog content and also a good way to boost your views and decrease your bounce rate.
9. Remove captcha. Its so frustrating when you comment on a blog and have to type the code afterwards, especially as they're so hard to read these days. You can put comment moderation on your blog if you want to pre-approve comments and reduce spam.
10. Consider using your photograph on your blog. Its not necessary but its nice to see the person behind the blog and I think its adds a little something to your blogs identity.