A Fresh Start...


After selling a few things in my blog sale, I feel a lot more organised with the beauty products I have. As a beauty blogger/beauty lover however, theres always room for a few more items. I've stopped buying just random things I spy as its such a waste, so I'm only opting to purchase things I know I will use or just generally get a lot of use from.
A few additions include Illamasqua blush in tremble - this isn't actually new but having a sort out through my beauty collection led me to products that I hadn't got round to using yet. I love the illamasqua matte blush formula. They're so pigmented and have the softest texture. Tremble is described as a soft lilac pink but its more of a peachy pink in reality. Its one of those shades that you cant really go wrong with for pale/medium skin tones. I don't think I've ever paid full price for an Illamasqua blush as they are often on sale on the website or ASOS. 

When it comes to eyeshadows, MAC are usually my go to brand. Its taken years but I've finally filled a shadow palette. The last space was filled by Bronze, which has been on my wishlist for ages. I don't own many (if any) bronze shades so this is a welcome addition. I still have a few more shades I want to buy so I'll guess I'll have to get started on palette numero dos!
Another recent eyeshadow addition has been the Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadows in pure nude and nude compliment. Its a shame these aren't available in the UK as they're lovely shades with a divine formula. The original UK lines up is really disappointing in terms of shade variety so a new addition here or there certainly wouldn't go amiss. I managed to find these on ebay - one of the few times ebay is great for makeup buys!
I still need to organise my skincare but the Clinique Anti-blemish gel has found a place on my must haves. Last week was a stressful one with a breakout not exactly helping but this gel has really helped to clear my skin. I'll review in a little more detail soon but this really does make such a difference is fighting those pesky spots. Finally, I've been using Heal Gel Eye* - an anti-aging eye gel. I've been using this in the mornings before applying makeup and it makes a perfect undereye primer. My skin is smoother and firmer and my concealer applies without creasing. I alternate with Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream in the evenings and both have made a significant difference to my eye area!

Have you tried any of these?



28 comments

  1. I wish they had the nude colour tattoos here in Singapore too, the line up is even worse than in the UK!x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a shame, it would be great if you could get them everywhere x

      Delete
  2. I really wish we had the full range of the Color Tattoos here, none of the UK shades appeal to me very much :(

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the uk range is really limited x

      Delete
  3. Great additions, I love the Maybelline colour tattoos, those shades sound lovely - haven't heard about them before!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the color of the Illamasqua blush. It's the perfect peachy pink! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of MAC palettes and adore them! I have reviewed them both over on my blog. I seriously need to do a blog sale too!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC palettes are great x

      Delete
  6. Lovely products, i love the look of the Illamasqua blush!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so much more organized after getting rid of a lot of things too. I feel like I can finally exhale haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to sort through all my makeup and beauty products as well. I buy way too much as well. It just so hard not too buy new stuff every time I go to the store! That Mac eye shadow looks amazing! Ive been wanting to try it.

    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com/2014/07/michael-todd-true-organic-products.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQOiv322WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes its so hard not to buy eveyrthing x

      Delete
  9. Thinking of having a blog sale always helps me clear out my makeup and puts into perspective the random shopping habits I used to have! Really looking forward to using up some of my stuff to then add some new things I'd really get use out of! The MAC eyeshadow looks like it'd be lovely on it's own or to deepen up a look in a not so dramatic way. I'd be interested to try out the Heal Gel!

    Jess | The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep blog sales are great x

      Delete
  10. It's so strange to hear someone say that they don't own many bronze shades! My collection is 90% bronze (oops) it's just such a pretty shade! I hope you enjoy using it.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Clinique gel, has helped me a lot with a terrible spot!

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope they decide to bring the Maybelline Colour Tattoo nude collection to the UK as I've only found I can buy them on Ebay and I'd rather have them in a shop where I can see them :-)
    Sarah x
    http://www.saraheliza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Clinique products seem great <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo that blush looks perf.

    Georgina at foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo