Bad Skin Day Beauty


I've had a few bad skin days recently. I generally get a few blemishes here and there anyway but I think the heat has caused the breakouts to be a little worse than normal. I've managed to keep it under control with the help of a few products.

I try not to overload my skin with too many products at once as I find it tends to make my skin look worse rather than better. The main products I use for blemishes are Lush's Tea Tree Water Toner - love this!It feels light, refreshing and the tree tree really helps to soothe and clear the skin. Its not pricey either which is a bonus. I then follow up with the Bioderma Sebium Global Intensive Purifying Care, a treatment/moisturiser. I've been using this a lot recently both in the morning and evening and its really made a difference. My skin feels much calmer, spots are reduced and my skin feels less oilier. Its also got a fresh scent so I enjoy using it, especially in the mornings under my makeup. When it comes to a blemish spot treatment, I love the Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions Clearing Gel. I apply this to blemishes only and it works so well at reducing redness, blemish size and clearing spots quickly. I've also found any scarring left is minimised too - overall this is the best blemish gel I've used. Its mid range in terms of price but I don't mind paying more for something that actually works. 


Makeup wise, I obviously need something thats going to provide good coverage. For a base, Revlon Colorstay is my favourite drugstore foundation. I don't find this too heavy but its very buildable in terms of coverage. If things are looking really bad,then I'll opt for the Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Creme*. Dont be fooled by the bb creme tag as this is heavy coverage and more so than colorstay. I like to really buff it into my skin and it has great coverage but doesn't look too full on if applied well. To conceal, it would have to be Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - this needs no introduction but its such an incredible product for concealing redness and blemishes. Its also super cheap and a real steal! A little more expensive is the Becca Dual Coverage Compact Concealer. I use this for larger blemishes a.k.a the ones that need the ultimate concealing power. The becca concealer is ideal for that as theres both a medium and heavy coverage concealer in here - I usually opt for the medium coverage as it has a thick texture that covers well without looking caked on. If you have a dark skintone they have this at fragrance direct for just £4.95!

I'd love to know what your favourite products are for bad skin days?


15 comments

  1. I hate it when i have bad skin days~ Theres nothing worse than trying to keep the blemishes at bay but trying not to make it worse. I have been using the Origins spot treatment and the La roche posay effaclat duo to try and keep my skin clear :) Really want to try the LUSH tea trea water toner though, have been recommended it on a few occasions already.

    Thanks for sharing your solutions when it comes to blemishes. Hope you have a wonderful day! <3

    Ying || Yingcbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anti-blemish gel sounds lovely! I don't really get blemishes often though (touch wood!) x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I still need to try the Tea Tree toner. Tea tree oil + my skin = awesome. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of the Lush's Tea Tree Toner! I'm a sucker for Sudocream (inside of course!). Other than that I like a high coverage concealer that doesn't sit too heavily on the skin.

    Jemma @ Jemma In Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Lush tea tree water sounds amazing! Gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is me everyday! I'm thinking about getting the Clinique Anti-Blemish Gel, because my Origins Super Spot remover isn't really working for me.
    x

    doseofwardrobe.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lush tee tree toner!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear about the Bioderma cream. I was curious about it and your review sounds encouraging. I also recently got the Clinique gel very pleased with the results!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heat has mademy skin break out as well, it's so annoying! I've been making sure to properly cleanse and tone my face twice a day, and I have a spray toner I've been using mid day. I also have a BB cream which is meant to improve skin so when I wear makeup, I go to that :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tea tree water is my absolute fave when I feel those nasty under the skin spots coming through! I go through bottles of the stuff! And lasting perfection does a great job of covering them up when they do manage to make an appearance haha:)


    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some great picks and I'll definitely have to try a few of them out!

    shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post! Thank you for describing the products in depth. I have been on the hunt for products to help my problematic skin. I am adding all of them to my list to buy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been having a lot of bad skin day recently and the Lush tea tree water has really saved me!
    http://amytalks96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. tea tree toner has to be my favourite, these will be going straight on to my list!
    xx
    http://notyouraveragestyleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lush tea tree toner water is my jam! I love that stuff :) What a great grouping of products.. I want to try that bioderma product it sounds awesome!

    Shannon
    shanlizlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo