Confidence Boosting Beauty


Though I believe true confidence comes from within, I think a little beauty pick me up can give you a boost of confidence in the short term.
For me personally, I'm a bit more confident when I have a bit of colour. I'm extremely pale so some fake tanning in summer is always appreciated. My current go to is the He-Shi Rapid 1 Hour Liquid Tan* - full review coming soon!I also like a bit of bronzer too to warm up my face. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer is my all time favourite. Its a matte finish and not too red toned so it looks really natural on my skin.
If I have a few blemishes then I always feel better with some concealer - I really rate the Becca Dual Compact Concealer (you can see my bad skin day routine in this post) as it covers any blemish.
As my eyebrows are naturally on the sparse side, I always like to fill them in with brow powder to help shape my face. I'm currently using the Beauty UK Brow Kit* which is a real steal for £3.99. I use the medium brown shade in the kit - it has great pigmentation and stays put all day, even in the current summer heatwave. If I'm using eyeshadow then I feel more confident with an eyeshadow primer, such as the Soap & Glory Its About Prime as my eyelids are really oily and without a primer, eyeshadow tends to slide straight off. This primer also has a brightening effect so it helps to perk up any darkness/discolouration on the eyelids.
One of my main makeup picks for a confidence boost is a good highlighter. My all time favourite is the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in candlelight - a gorgeous pale beige gold powder thats super subtle and gives a natural glow. I like to put a little over my cheekbones and it brightens my whole complexion. Its pretty pricey but completely worth buying.
Finally, what else gives you a boost then a red lipstick. I love popping on Clinique Matte Lipstick in mandarin as its bright, comfortable to wear and has a stunning matte finish. Mandarin is a pretty orange/red shade - you can see it swatched here.

What are your go to beauty products for a confidence boost?

12 comments

  1. I can't wait to try the Kevin Aucoin's Celestial Powder- have heard so many good things about it.
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colour gives me confidence too! I find if my skin and base look particularly good I feel great as well!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! What shade do you have your honey bronzer in?

    Josie
    josievalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ask you which shade of the bronzer you own? I am trying to get my hands on it but I'm still unsure which shade to get

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the idea of this post, the honey bronzer is one of my favourites too x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the body shop bronzer! I have hit pan on mine! I can’t get enough of it!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day-to-day, I'd say concealer, bronzer and mascara are my confidence boosting products. I just feel a bit more presentable with a bit of colour and defintion on my face and it makes me happy!
    I also love a good red lip and filling in my brows for that extra oomph haha

    Mel // izzipenelope

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The Body Shop Honey Bronzer, it's perfect for pale skin!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try the body shop bronzer so bad, it looks like the perfect shade!

    xx
    ladyporter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really want the honey bronzer!! In fact I NEED it haha! Lovely post and great products:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bronzer looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally agree with you on tanning - I think life is actually better with a tan haha although not so enjoyable when it starts to fade and go patchy if you don't keep on top of it!

    Jade x
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo