Finding Inspiration as a Blogger



Staying inspired as a blogger is not always easy. I find blogging can be a bit of a rollercoaster - when your creating exciting and fresh content it feels amazing but alongside that comes the lulls and 'blogging blocks'. Personally I like to post fresh content every day, though I'm partial to taking a few days or a week off here and there as its good to take a break now and then - sometimes taking a step back can help you to rediscover your passion for blogging and motivation.
I find inspiration can come in the most unlikely forms. Usually, when I'm trying to come up with ideas it just doesn't happen and trying to force it makes me frustrated. To combat this, I always keep a notebook in my bag and on my nightstand (in reality its an ikea helmer). I usually get ideas popping into my head at night - sometimes I'll stay up late jotting ideas down. I don't get as many productive thoughts during the day but having a notepad and pen in my bag means I can jot things down whilst travelling/being out and about or whatever.
Things that usually spark an idea off in my head are pinterest - a great way to get ideas as there are so many images on there. I also love looking at Etsy too as finding a cute product can spark off an idea. Despite mainly writing about beauty, I'm trying to branch out into other areas as I find just writing about beauty can be quite restrictive. I like chatting to family and friends if I'm struggling for something to write as they'll easily come up with something that I will never have thought of. Also, shopping trips can prove fruitful, whether its beauty/fashion/lifestyle that you write about, spying a certain product can give you something to think about. 
Daily life and thinking outside the box is one of my favourite ways to gain ideas for content creation. Whether its getting ready, makeup application, going on holiday, day trips etc are all greats sources of inspiration. 

What are your sources of inspiration?


23 comments

  1. blogging is like a rollercoaster -_- i find inspiration mainly from other bloggers

    have you checked out my blog?
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find inspiration comes in unlikely forms, and I know that when I lose my blogging mojo, it's more than likely to return at some point soon. Sometimes it happens!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often loose inspiration, and found this post really helpful, thank you! Will definitely try the shopping trip therapy ;)

    Mia xx
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking a step back is the best thing you could do sometimes. I find that with everything really. I never really ask my family/friends for ideas, they don't really understand talking about makeup.. Awkward.

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. I’m not 100% sure what my inspiration is! I just find blogging so satisfying. I love having a place where I can be creative.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post! I'm stuggling atm, I can think of posts but putting them into words is my hard part!
    sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find inspiration with the seasons and holidays. For instance, I can make a post on how to survive valentines day single, cute fall outfits, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post - I've recently started using Pinterest and it is a great inspiration.
    I try to keep lists of ideas, but the problem is that, by the time you go back to the note, you can sometimes forget the original spark that caused you to write it down if that makes sense?

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so true about suddenly getting all your blog ideas in the night. With me I always think of something as I'm falling asleep, so I always keep a notebook and pen by my bed .x

    savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also fund blogging just about beauty a bit restricting, I am trying to branch out more I recently did positivity sunday posts. just to boost the happy vibes!

    allthingskerri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I take a photo I'm proud of the words just flow and I'm excited to share my post with the world. If, however, I'm not 100% proud of my work then I just don't feel motivated at all. I also find writing the posts you love to read is helpful.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is definitely a rollercoaster for me. I can be blogging everyday for a few weeks and then I might not blog for 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post came at a good time for me :') I'm struggling on and off with my blog. It's mostly lifestyle, with a wee bit of fashion, but I post about world issues a lot, especially at the moment, like animal testing, feminism etc general real life stuff like that 'cos I'm the sort of person whose really affected by it. But my blog just doesn't seem to be going anywhere or gaining any popularity so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. When I focused mainly on fashion it was growing quickly but now that it's focused more on real life issues it's just not :/ shame it seems like people aren't interested in things that really matter!

    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was great! i also love to keep my notebook with me at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. me too, sometimes i dont know what to write and i will find some inspirations in other blogs so that it can give me some ideas on what i post..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Other bloggers, Pinterest, being outside and listening to music. I find that I get my ideas really late in the evening or the most awkward of times. I usually get bloggers block when I actually have time to sit down and write a post! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find it quite relaxing to write when I want to write, what I want to write. I'll usually write/plan quite a few blog posts at a time if I feel like it so that when I am going through a bit of a blogging block and I can't find inspiration, I've got an idea bank to reach into :)

    - Taisie ♥
    Life by Taisie

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really liked this post, i stopped my old blog because it was very restricted to make up, now its a more mixed bag and posts like this make me feel very happy, so ill definately be folllowing your blog because it sounds right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really do love reading posts like this and as my intial blog started out purely beauty i realised too that its hard, so i have started to try to branch out to other things i love and it makes me happy to read posts like this and your blog seems right up my street so ive decided to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes it is really tough to find smth to write about.. I have no idea if that will be interesting to readers..I want to make them smile, be happy and be interested as well.. Maybe I want too much? Ow well..I'll try your tip with notebook besides bed, maybe that will work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i agree...i tend to read articles to find inspiration

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I find inspiration when I step back from my laptop and spend time with my loved ones, going out and experiencing new things, or looking at different forms of art (music, drawings, something~). I really like this post :3 It motivates me to keep looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great blog post! I usually find inspiration when I read others peoples blogs... X

    http://mickeyxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo