July Homeware Haul


After taking a week off from writing, I'm back with a few homeware buys. I've really been enjoying buying/looking at homeware things. A few accessories here and there can make such a difference. 
The main thing I've been searching for is bedding. In this heat, a thick duvet isn't practical but I like having some sort of cover as I find it more snug and easier to nod off at night. I finally found this white boho summer duvet/throw in Sainsburys. Its ideal for the warmer weather as its thinner than a duvet yet looks really stylish too. Sainsburys has really shot up my list of places to shop for home accessories. Supermarkets in general have really raised their game in terms of affordable yet pretty homeware. I also picked up this white double mount frame for just £2.50. I've been looking everywhere for months for a few prints/pictures to hang in my bedroom and nothing has caught my eye so I've decided to buy a few blank frames instead. My plan is to purchase some pretty prints from etsy - I've just ordered one for this frame. Etsy is an amazing place to find beautiful and unique items!
Back on the bedding front, I purchased this duvet cover set from ebay - ebay isn't normally my first port of call for bedding but I've yet to find anything I like elsewhere. This one has a blue floral print on one side with blue stripes on the other. Its a little more expensive than I would normally buy but I really like the print and the french feel it has to it. 
I'm not sure if I've mentioned on here before but I'm a huge fan of classic novels. One of my favourite authors is Jane Austen (Pride & Prejudice is my all time fave) so when I spotted this cloth bound version of persuasion, I had to have it. I've since found the P&P version, which will definitely be coming home with me at some point. Theres something beautiful about a special edition book - its something you can have as a keepsake and treasure for years. 
I've picked up a few other little bits and bobs along the way but currently I'm on a cushion buying mission - if you know where I can find any reasonably priced monochrome cushions let me know!


8 comments

  1. Lovely picks! Pride and Prej is my absolute fave as well but I haven't got round to reading Persuasion yet. That bedding is such a gorgeous pattern too! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!pride and prejudice is a better book tbh x

      Delete
  2. looks like sainsburys is the place to find cute homeware bits now!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is!they have some lovely things x

      Delete
  3. Hi pretty, could you please do more home decor posts <3 and I will be more than thankful


    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally want all the penguin classics with those covers, they are so gorgeous!
    xo Kirsty
    www.beautyisperfection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cloth bound editions are beautiful <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo