MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Dupe


Theres something satisfying about finding a dupe of a mid/high end product. Today, I have a great dupe of MAC's Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick.
Viva Glam Rihanna is a medium red with a frost finish. Its highly pigmented, smooth and doesn't feel drying. I usually find MAC lipsticks can dry my lips out but this one surprisingly doesn't. It feels really creamy and the shade translates onto my lips as a classic red with subtle gold shimmer, which makes it more unique than your average red lipstick. A good dupe I've found is Milani Cherry Crave Lipstick.


Cherry crave is a warm toned red with metallic shimmer. Its not quite as creamy as viva glam Rihanna but its highly pigmented. It has more a typical artificial scent compared to the vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks but its not overly strong. Packaging wise, there's a huge difference between the two - viva glam is housed in a dark red bullet case, which feels strong whereas the milani packaging feels like a very cheap light gold plastic. Nevertheless, shade wise they're extremely close. Swatched on my arm, its difficult to tell the difference between the two. On my lips, Milani cherry crave leans much more orange toned and more metallic but they're close and I think it would depend on your skintone and natural lip colour to determine the difference between them. MAC lipsticks are now £15.50 but obviously all profits from viva glam go to aids/HIV charities. Milani lipsticks are half the price - Milani isn't available in the UK so I purchased mine from Ebay from this US seller.


9 comments

  1. Wow! It really is a similar color. Great find!
    JIna
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bright red and these lipsticks both look really good, I might try the MAC one as that's easiest to purchase here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so similar! Such a great dupe!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shades look identical; but the packaging on the MAC is so much nicer.
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I can't believe how close the two colours are! Such a good dupe. I've never heard of Milani before but I mght check them out next time I'm on ebay

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look very similar on your arm! I love finding good dupes!
    sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dupe, i love the shades!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo