No7 Shade & Define Shadow Pencils

No7-stayperfect-shadeanddefine

Eye shadow pencils seem to be a bit of a 'thing' at the moment. In fact, any kind of chubby pencil is having its moment.

I've had the By Terry ombre blackstar pencils on my wishlist for a while but at £28 a pop, I decided to look for something more affordable. The No7 shade and define shadow pencils popped up on Alix's blog as a dupe and sounded like the thing I've been looking for. A while back, I picked up two pencils in the shades glistening ray and cool mink.
Packaging wise, these are thicker than your standard eyeliner pencil but easy to hold while applying. They're a twist up pencil with a sharpener hidden at the end - genius idea!That way you can still keep the pencil pointed.
These are really pigmented and glide on over the eyelid without dragging. The texture is creamy and soft but without being overly so. I've worn them both for several hours over a primer and they don't fade or crease, bar a boiling hot day when cool mink started showing signs of creasing at the end of the day.

no7-shadeanddefine-shadow-swatches

Glistening ray (left) is a shimmering golden beige - its definitely more pigmented than the swatch photo would have you believe. It makes a great highlighting shade!
Cool mink (right) is a cool taupe shade,which isn't the most unique shade but it makes a nice base or a simple wash of colour on its own.
The best thing about these is the price - they're just £8 each, which is a snip considering the high quality of them. I managed to get mine on buy one half price but no7 always pops up on offer. These are definitely ones to check out the next time you're in Boots!

12 comments

  1. These colours are so pretty and i'm sure that they can easily create many different looks. I love cream eyeshadows and these seem so pigmented and handy as they are in stick form. I originally want to try the Charlotte Tilbury shadow sticks but i think i might give these a go first :)

    Thank you for sharing, i hope you have a great day <3

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the charlotte tilbury ones too x

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely! I've really been wanting to get eyeshadow pencils another chance, I haven't used them in awhile.
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so easy to use x

      Delete
  3. These look amazing, I especially love the finish.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like beautiful colours on the swatches, I may have to buy them now haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check them out if you get chance x

      Delete
  5. I swatched these in store and really liked them!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're really nice, arent they? x

      Delete
  6. Totally enabled to buy these now! Also, could I ask where that notebook is from? It's gorgeous!
    Rebecca, from The Two Twenty Somethings
    (www.thetwotwentysomethings.blogspot.co.uk)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo