The Underrated Beauty Tool


Sometimes, the least exciting purchase is the one thats most practical. Enter, cotton buds. Cottons buds are probably the least exciting things to buy - well, alongside pans which are the most boring things ever (can you tell I dont cook!) but you know what cotton buds are extremely underrated in the beauty world.
Now I'm not exactly sure what their original purpose is - I'm going to go with cleaning out ears, yak! However, I love a multi-purpose product and these are exactly that. I have so many uses for them. The main reason I've been loving them is for applying spot gel. If you have a few blemishes that need clearing then I prefer to apply a little gel on several cotton buds to avoid spreading any bacteria. This way, you can apply the gel to each blemish separately. Another way I love to use them is for applying concealer straight to a blemish. I dont like the thought of using a concealer wand on blemishes and then using the wand elsewhere so its much easier to apply with a cotton bud.
I've also found cotton buds a great way to create a smudgy/smokey eye look too. This is more of an on the go solution as obviously if you're at home, you can just use your normal eye brushes but if you're travelling or going from the office to a night out, then buds are a great solution.
A final way I use them is to clean up nail polish. I'm so messy when it comes to applying my nail polish so I always need to do a lil cleanup afterwards - I just apply nail polish remover to the bud and carefully clean around the nail. They're such a good solution and best of all, travel friendly and easy on the purse strings too!


14 comments

  1. I use cotton buds for everything! So much more hygienic. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, completely agree they are so multi-purpose and something you don't really think about until you move out and suddenly notice a lack of them! Bex xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cotton buds can be used for SO MANY THINGS, I always have hundreds aha :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the humble cotton bud ever day! I like the ones with the pointy end for smoky liner, you get a more precise smudge! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cotton buds really are such a life-safer so many times

    ReplyDelete
  7. me either I love the multi-purpose product, thanks for sharing it with us hun <3


    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my #1 beauty essential too, especially when it comes to cleaning up a cat eye. I love this post, you've definitely given me some more ideas on how to use them.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use cotton buds for allllll of these reasons!

    Em

    www.emsmixedbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post! Never thought of using them for these ideas!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. i could literally not do my makeup without cotton buds!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree I use mine all the time from sticking down my false lashes to cleaning up my eyeliner <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! I always have to have some on hand!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo