Two in one...


Finding a makeup product that has more than one use isn't always easy. I love both lip products and blush, so combining them into one is a genius idea!
A while back, there was a £10 off code floating around for feel unique so I took the plunge and bought the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in pink hedoniste. Unlike other lip/cheek tints I've used in the past, YSL baby doll kiss & blush has a creamy, light but pigmented formula that leaves a matte finish. Its officially described as an 'air whipped formula' with a sponge doe foot applicator similar to the YSL glossy stains. 

The formula is so easy to blend. I've been mainly using this on my cheeks as pink hedoniste (a cool toned light to medium pink) is really flattering on my complexion. I apply straight from the applicator onto my skin and blend with my finger - it leaves a luminous matte finish that stays put all day and in this heat, that's exactly what I need in a blush! On the lips, the colour needs building up to be opaque but it creates a soft matte look. Its a pricey affair at £27 for 10ml of product but the quality is up there and I'm pretty sure its going to be HG material.

A more affordable option is the new mememe Cheek & Lip Tint in coral blossom*. The texture of this is more watery than the YSL and less pigmented. I'd describe it as a tint of colour rather than being creamy and though it takes a little longer to dry down, it creates a really nice flush of colour. Coral blossom is a pretty peachy coral shade that's best suited to pale skintones as the shade needs building up and I think it might struggle to show up on darker skin. The packaging is a nail varnish style bottle with brush - again I apply it straight to my skin and blend with my fingers as its much easier. On lips, its more of a matte stain but once its dried down, I like to add a bit of clear gloss over the top. As its a stain, it lasts longer than an average gloss. For £5.50, its an ideal staple for a heat proof makeup collection!

Have you tried any of these?


9 comments

  1. The YSL ones are pretty much talked about everywhere right now! The color is so pretty in the bottle.. but I have only read mixed reviews on these.. and wasn't particularly impressed when I tried them!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mememe tint sounds really beautiful, perfect for minimal make up looks <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so hard to find Me Me Me products. I only know 1 Superdrug in London that has them but it's not that near me. Wish they'd make the brand more available. X

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing, so excited to purchase it <3

    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The YSL Lip and Cheek product looks gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those mememe tints, what a pretty shade!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I clicked on the post thinking you were going to tell me you had a nail polish that you could use as lip and cheek colors, haha! The packaging on the one looks so like a nail polish! Anyway, they look like lovely colors! Not something I typically like to use, but the colors are so nice especially look like they'd be nice on paler tones!

    Jess | The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try the YSL Kiss & Blush. I've heard a lot about it!

    xx, Coreyiel
    The Luxe Minimalist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo