We'll Always Have Paris...


Its only since blogging and hearing about different brands that I've become interested in french skincare. I think the cult favourite Bioderma micellar water really raised the profile of French skincare brands and luckily we don't have to take a trip across the Channel tunnel to stock up on french beauty buys.

I don't actually have a creme de la creme product within my french skincare collection as the majority are all pretty darn good. Starting with one of the most well known -Nuxe Reve De Miel Lipbalm, this is pretty much a staple in my beauty cupboard/drawer. I love using the pot version in winter as the formula feels thicker and slightly more nourishing. For summer, I love the stick version as its lighter and can be used under a lipstick to make it more hydrating. When it comes to Nuxe, I also love their huile prodigieuse multi usage dry oil, which can be used on skin and hair. As its a spray its so easy to use and it feels lightweight, whilst leaving skin and hair feeling soft and nourished. I love Nuxe's travel kit, which huile prodigieuse is a part of. In here you have five mini nuxe products - ideal for trialling different products before buying the full size or for taking on holiday. 


Moving on to Bioderma, I do obviously like the micellar water - here you can see a comparison between the Bioderma Cleansing Water and Garnier Cleansing Water. However, theres also a few other products that really hit the mark too. At the moment, I'm really enjoying using the Sebium Global Intensive Purifying Care Moisturiser, which works so well at reducing blemishes quickly and keeping my skin as clear as possible. I also really like using this as a makeup base as its light, refreshing and helps to keep oiliness at bay. Another thumbs up needs to be given to the sensibio range. I've tried a few of the moisturisers in this range and they're all great at soothing, nourishing and healing sensitive or dry skin.  A new discovery of mine is the Bioderma Cicabio Arnica + for reducing the appearance of bruises and bumps. After chasing around after my 3 year old nephew, I'm always getting bruises on my legs. I'm still in the testing phase of this product but hopefully it will be another one to add to the must have list.

For a quick cleanse, my go is the Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser* - a soothing and comforting cream/gel cleansing lotion that's rinse free. As the name suggests, its very gentle,whilst feeling light and non sticky. From Avene, I also highly rate their Soothing Hydrating Serum* - a light moisturising serum to repair and nourish. My oily skin still gets dehydrated so adding this into my skincare routine really makes a difference. I'm not one for heavy moisturisers so a serum is an ideal solution. The avene serum doesn't feel greasy, sticky and it soaks in super fast. A real must have for oily/normal but dehydrated skin types. 
A final mention goes to Homeoplasmine, a rich ointment to heal dry and chapped skin. This is a good winter treatment or for when a bad cold hits and leaves a dry nose and lips in its path. Its not quite as rich as weleda skinfood but its not overly greasy or heavy.

A little shoutout to La Roche Posay especially the LRP Lipikar Surgras Shower Cream which is on my repurchase list. French skincare brands really do have some amazing products and are regularly on offer at Boots and Escentual.

Do you have any French skincare must haves?


10 comments

  1. I was in Paris last week and I picked up a few of these! :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nuxe as I use to sell bucket loads when I worked with Space NK. Although I do prefer Caudalie. ;)

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. I stocked up on French beauty products when I was over there last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try the Nuxe lip balm so badly, it's so pricy here though!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only recently tried some of the French skincare offerings, but so far loving Avene and La Roche Posay!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog - International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that Avene was a French brand. I love their stuff (especially the Pigment Correcter - totally not the name but it definitely has the work pigment in it)
    Bioderma is definitely on my list to try - thanks for sharing!
    Kelsey x
    www.thehlz.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'd love to try the nuxe lip balm as I've heard so much about it! Must try to hunt it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. French skincare....I am french so i am very familiar with it. Spending the summer in France...so stay tuned for the beauty news :-)x
    www.mademoisellenature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to try bioderma skincare >.<

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been wanting to buy the Nuxe Lip Balm for a while now. Will have to pick it up at some point. Love french brands!

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo