Worth The Hype?


Whenever I see a beauty product given lots of attention by bloggers, I always wonder if its worth the hype given. Theres a few products I own that definitely fit in the hyped category.

The Clinique Blended Face Powder is something that's flown under the radar recently but a few years ago when I first started reading beauty blogs, I saw this mentioned a lot. Its meant to be great for oily skin, which it certainly is but I also think its good value for money. Despite being priced £23 (though like everything I'm sure it used to be cheaper) you get a whopping 35g of powder. I've had this a few months and I've still not finished the pot. I use the shade invisible blend, which is ideal for pale skin tones as it doesn't oxidise. I use this to set my makeup in place, which it does without looking patchy or cakey. All in all, its a great powder that gives an airbrushed finish and controls oil.
Another makeup item, no doubt everyone knows is MAC lipsticks. Has anyone else noticed that these have just increased to £15.50? Despite the pricing, I do like the MAC formula. OK, they're not my ultimate favourite lipstick in the world but generally the pigmentation and wear time is good and they have a yummy vanilla scent. I love wearing shy girl during the day as its a really nice neutral pink.
Skincare wise I'm not sure if they come more hyped up than the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. Though I've only just started using this, I'm already impressed with how good it is. I'll update when I've used it for a few more weeks as I really like to give skincare a thorough testing before reporting back but my skin feels amazing when I've used this. I'll have a better review soon but I do feel this is a love at first use kinda deal.
Last but not least is the Nuxe Reve De Miel Lipbalm. Its really the pot version of this that gets a tonne of hype but I prefer the stick, especially in summer. I still find the stick version to be hydrating and soothing like the pot version but the stick is obviously much easier to carry around in your bag and has a lighter texture. The best thing about this balm bar the hydrating aspect is the honey scent - it smells good enough to eat!

Have you tried any of these?


37 comments

  1. I didn't know there was a stick version of the Reve de Miel. Definitely need to pick that one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a bit cheaper than the pot :)

      Delete
  2. I agree the Mac lipsticks are really overpriced, loved reading this it can be really hard to determine whether beauty bloggers are feeling pressured to have a certain opinion of a beauty product, I really want to try the cleanser and lip balm now :) x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of Reve de Miel, might have to pick up the stick version!x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone keeps going on about the EH cleansing balm.. I use the Body Shop cleansing balm and I think it's just fine. But somehow I want to spend money on something super expensive when I already have a cheaper option... My mind?!

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if something works for you, you should definitely stick with it :) x

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to give that Clinique powder a try as well! It looks amazing. Clinique is a bit pricey but their products work so its totally worth it! :) Great post!

    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com/2014/07/michael-todd-true-organic-products.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQOiv322WM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lip balm and have been using it for years! Ever since I found one in France I had to try it and I always stock up when I find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should stock up :)

      Delete
  7. I can never get my hands on Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, it's always out of stock everywhere I look but I'd love to try it! I noticed the increase in price of MAC lipsticks as well, haha!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they'll be £20 a pop before we know it :)

      Delete
  8. Mac lipsticks are definitely really hyped up but I do love them! I tend to get the limited edition shades. Except I do have a classic red always on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reds are always lovely to have :)

      Delete
  9. It's crazy how much MAC lipsticks are now, I remember when they used to be £12!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure about the others but the Reve de miel is definitely the best thing out there! I wasn't sure when I was buying it.. but haven't stopped using it since in any weather!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember having the Clinique powder when i was younger and yes, i don't remember it being that price at all. I hadn't noticed the price increase in the Mac lipsticks but i thought they were already a little pricey, especially if you were wanting to have a collection of them!

    Keli | kelskurls.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it mounts up doesnt it :) x

      Delete
  12. I really want to try the Emma Hardie products they seem lovely <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read good reviews pretty much across the board x

      Delete
  13. Shy girl looks a super pretty shade, but i didnt know they have been changed to £15.50!! they are already pricey :(

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sucks doesnt it x

      Delete
  14. I love the EH cleansing balm, I too wrote a review about it being worth the hype. MAC lipsticks are without a doubt some of the best and I’m yet to try the other two products... maybe I should!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try the cleansing balm and the Clinique Blended Face Powder! I am always looking for a good face powder. Is that lipstick Velvet Teddy? I have it and it is so nice ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I prefer the stick Reve de Miel to the pot version! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so much easier to carry round x

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. you should check it out x

      Delete
  18. I finally bought my first lipstick this week because of all the hype, but the wear time wasn't very good for me, I was a little disappointed for the price x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. so upset about the mac pricing increase! they went up a dollar in the states too. Yes it's just a dollar but they are already $15.00 already not exactly cheap

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shy Girl is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks and Emma Hardie cleanser is amaze balls! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo