5 Ways To Solve Writers Block...


If you're passionate about writing, it can be extremely fulfilling. However, when you're struck with writers block, it can lead to incredible frustration. Here I share my top 5 ways for solving writers block.

1. Take a step back.
Take some time to regroup and refocus. Think about what you want to achieve with your writing - what kind of content do you aspire to write. If you need a break take one, its ok to take some time out.

2. Keep writing.
A contradiction from the above but writing away from your regular platform can help to keep consistency. Try writing in a notebook or journal - write anything that comes into your head, whether its thoughts, feelings or even just describing what you can see around you. Once you start doing this, you should find it easier to pick where you left off. Writing can help your ideas and content to start flowing again.

3. Look for inspiration.
Sometimes inspiration wont just land on your lap - you need to actively go out and look for it. Try reading, looking at photographs, listening to music and talking to family and friends. Jot down some ideas from your inspiration on a notepad and see where it takes you.

4. Think outside the box.
Try new things as you never know where it might lead. One of my favourite quotes (and I have no idea where this came from) is 'look at what others are doing and do the opposite'. What can you do differently? Can you bring something new to the table? Where do your strengths lie? Explore new areas and see what works best for you.

5. Think positive.
Its amazing how the mind can work. Chances are, if you're thinking negatively then it will reflect on your content. Your not going to write content you believe in, if you're not feeling positive about your blog or your writing. Writers block usually doesn't last long - stay positive. Perhaps there are things you can do to keep your blog/website fresh - maybe change up your blog design, re-organise your desk or purchase a new notebook.

Getting writers block is natural, don't put pressure on yourself to keep writing content for your platform if the ideas and words aren't flowing. Sometimes having the chance to reformulate can encourage better content in the long run.

Do you have any tips for dealing with writers block?



19 comments

  1. Great tips girly! Thanks for the motivation today :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think looking for inspiration is one of the best ways! it gives you a new flow of ideas without copying others ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often get writers block. What i do to help, is either in a notepad or on my laptop, i write down ideas of blog posts whenever i think of an idea.. I have about 15 on there at the moment, and when i get writers block, ill pick something off my list and do that :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with 'thinking positive' often writers block can make you feel frustrated and uncomfortable and that just causes you to not be able to write even further. I often find that when I get writers block telling myself 'its ok, I don't have to do this now' takes all the stress away from writing, I take a break and usually I can come back to it with new ideas. Sometimes the harder you push, the harder it is to complete something. Great post!

    bellachicgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw great post here! Usually to overcome writers block, I, like you say - have to be in a really good mood so I usually put on some feel-good music or get some food/a fizzy drink. OR I come on Bloglovin, read others' posts and that usually quickly gets me motivated to put out more of my own content!

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! Thanks Zoe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tips are so handy and come the right moment when we need it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find that "keep writing" is my number one tip blogging or creative writing in general. Usually among the stuff you hate, you can find something you love and build from there so it's never truly a waste.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find number 3 usually does the trick for me. I find Pinterest is a fabulous site for getting inspiration and my blogging mojo back. Fabulous list Zoe! :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. Sometimes I find it hard to find inspiration and just don't know what to write about or just struggling to get my words out. I end up reading and following new blogs to be further inspired. I do admit that at times I end up writing many posts at once and become super productive.

    Thank you for sharing your tips, Have a wonderful day ♥

    *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really good tips! Will definite be looking to these next time i have writers block x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. going for a walk in nature and fresh air helps me
    I liked the think positive one coz it can be hard :)
    leanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing these tips! :)
    I wasn't into blogging since the start of the year but now I'm finally back on track and I will definitely keep this blog post in mind.

    Becky x

    http://www.beckythewallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are great tips, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think these tips are great! I always start with lots of ideas but when I sit to write... *poof* goes all inspiration.
    Cheers :D
    www.natillie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found these tips really useful thanks! I especially like the 'thinking outside the box' Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your blogging tips type posts have been so insightful and helpful - thanks for sharing :)

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whenever I feel like I need inspiration I also try and do the opposite of my routine. Great tips!

    Anna | Taupe Cassette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo