8 Tips For Boosting Your Blog Productivity


Sometimes blogging brings a lack of motivation. I've had several moments of struggling to get my head into writing a post and several periods of procrastination. In an effort to be more productive on here, I've found a few things that help. 

1. Plan
Planning just makes everything so much easier and prepping your posts in advance really gives you structure. Keeping a notebook or two is ideal for writing down post ideas or topics you want to write about. Its also great for keeping ideas flowing too.

2. Make Checklists
As well as planning posts, keeping a to do list makes everything blog related that much more manageable. Prioritising your work helps you to get things done swiftly, though its best to avoid adding too much to your checklists as this can be overwhelming. Limit your to do lists and tick everything off when completed - it will make regular blogging that little bit easier to accomplish.

3. Organise Your Time
Organising your free time and figuring when you work best are two key ways to help boost your productivity. Maybe make a timetable to help you figure out when you can spare time for blogging. I always seem to work better in the evening, so I try to work my time around that. Even if its just for an hour, I can usually get a blogging job done, whether its content or admin.

4. Bookmark The Pages You Need
Struggling to find what you need when you need is extremely frustrating. Keeping the sites you need, such as photo editing sites, google analytics and blogger/wordpress bookmarked frees up some time and allows you to be more productive and focused.

5. Schedule Social Media
Scheduling things like tweets for blog posts is less time consuming and ensures your still getting your posts 'out there'. I usually use hootsuite and feedburner to publish my tweets but you can also link bloglovin to your twitter and facebook accounts so that your recent posts are published to your social media.

6. Turn Off Social Media
Turning off your social media or phone when your blogging is a godsend for getting productive. You could also try turning off the tv but personally I find I work better with a bit of background noise. Try and see how you work best and adopt it into your blogging routine.

7. Go At Your Own Pace
When you've sussed how you work best and established a routine, its important to work at your own pace. Having a checklist and prioritising your workload is great but it doesn't have to be achieved all in one go. Rushing things can have a negative impact on your content. Don't worry about taking your time to blog, in the long run it can help with your approach to blogging.

8. Have A Break When You Need One
Blogging can take up a lot of time and commitment. Don't be afraid to take a step back when you need to. It important not to push yourself too hard and maintain a balance to avoid blogging burnout.


Do you use any of these methods to increase your productivity? 
I would love to know your hints and tips!

*I've had a little blog makeover but I still need to fix a few things so apologies in advance if things start to look a little strange whilst your reading*


39 comments

  1. Great tips, I think all of us as bloggers overthink and feel like they have a lot of pressure to post on time but you should never post poor quality stuff x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tips on how to manage the social media. Will look into feed burner and hootsuit. I noticed I work best without phone or TV. Maybe just some music. Otherwise I get distracted. :)

    Speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can get distracted easily sometimes x

      Delete
  3. I really need to plan more & turn off my social media whilst blogging (great idea) as I get SO distracted
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really enjoy planning my posts way in advance, I have so many clothes that I love and want to blog about that I'm scheduled posts way into November (perhaps a bit sad, oops!)

    Hope you're well!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with a few of these. Hootsuite in particular is great for twitter.

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I like it for twitter x

      Delete
  6. Great tips! I always get so distracted and usually find myself having to make up for the time I've lost!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a list of blogposts I want to write and I always plan some time to sit down and actually write them - usually it's when I'm in my bed half asleep though! xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if it works for you though,stick with it :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the tips Zoe! I really want to start planning and organizing my time ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for these tips! I just started my blog in July and I've been overwhelmed by how much more time consuming it is than I thought I was going to be. These tips will really help me to add structure to my posts.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing tips,so helpful:)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could read your tips all day! <3 so helpful x
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is extremely useful, thanks so much! <3

    Alice Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great list and I think you are a lot like me when it comes to blogging. I am kind of a go with the flow girl lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only been blogging for two weeks and I'm already feeling the urge to buy a diary or notebook and plan everything. I never understood why all bloggers and YouTubers were list writers, and now I see it :P x

    http://hannahbutterworth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really loved these tips as a new blogger. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips! I know I have a hard time remembering topics to write about, or things that should be interesting. These should be very helpful to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tips and advice. Thanks for sharing.
    ​​Leanne @ Leanne-Marie ​ x​​x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bookmarking this! I'm struggling so much with blogging at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. great tips :) xx

    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this will really help me as I'm feeling super stressed with managing my work ethic and blogging. Thanks for this useful post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really great advice! :) thank you X

    http://mickeyxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tips. How an earth do you link you blog to twitter through bloglovin?? I can only find a facebook option.

    Hayley \\ http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12597893

    ReplyDelete
  23. These tips are really good, I agree with taking a break as sometimes it's nice to just relax and get away from it all a bit and then come back nice and refreshed! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post is so good. Definitely a stack of good tips and tricks. Some of them I use now and some I'll be adding to my routines in the future!
    noomiiesworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo