Hits & Misses


I've been trying out a few new products over the past few weeks - some good and some not so great. Firstly I thought I'd get the negative out of the way with my thoughts on Makeup Revolution #happylips Lipstick*. Sadly me and this lipstick were just never meant to be. I had quite high hopes for this as I've heard some great things about Makeup Revolution but sadly this is one to be avoided. The colour in the tube is surrounded by an argan oil outer to give intense hydration. The concept is nice enough but I needed to really swipe this over my lips to get any kind of colour. The finish is sheer and feels slightly greasy on the lips. It feels comfortable enough to wear but the lasting power is weak, which just makes this an all round dud. The good news is I have a few other Makeup Revolution bits to share real soon, all of which have my thumbs up!

A lipstick I'm absolutely loving is MAC's hug me. I've not heard too much about this shade but I wanted a nice nude that would suit my pale complexion and this is the one. I originally wanted velvet teddy but I think it would have been too dark for me to pull off. On my lips, hug me pulls slightly more of a nude with pink undertones so its really flattering. I generally get around four hours of wear with MAC lipsticks and as I find them on the drying side, I like to add a bit of lipbalm underneath. 
Despite owning a fair few lipsticks, I still really love a gloss. My newest addition is Maybellines Color Sensational Elixir in breathtaking apricot. This is just the perfect lipgloss - pigmented, glossy, comfortable to wear. Breathtaking apricot is a warm pink shade, which is divine. I bought mine from ebay but I think these launch end of August/September in the UK and I have a feeling they'll be a big hit!


As well as lip products, theres also been cleansing water on the menu. Theres not really a lot you can say about cleansing water so I'll try and formulate a few thoughts. The Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint 3in1 Cleansing Water* removes makeup, cleanses and tones, leaving skin feeling refreshed and clean. I've been using this to remove my makeup and it does the job okay. Its not the best I've tried but the real problem I have is that the push up cap makes it difficult to dispense the product onto a cotton pad Also, this is only a 100ml bottle. For £10, its on the more expensive side and for me, its not worth the price. Another cleanser I've been using is the Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Micellar Cleansing Fluid*. I love this water - it removes makeup so quickly, feels gentle and doesn't sting the eyes. Its also paraben and alcohol free too. This is a 200ml bottle and currently on offer at Escentual.

Have you tried any of these?

25 comments

  1. I'm surprised at your thoughts on the Bee Good product, I really love their products although I agree £10 is a tad expensive for a cleansing water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard mixed reviews about Makeup Revolution lipsticks - I need to give some a try myself I think. At least they're so cheap, I won't be losing much if they don't work for me!

    Milly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I've been searching for a good nude lipstick lately so I'll definitely be giving the shade "hug me" a try.

    Life, beauty and random things

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the maybelline lipgloss you mentioned and the shade seems to be really nice :)

    xx Cecil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hug me and remember wearing it v everyday for a couple months before it got shelved! it's beautiful isn't it! I need to dig it out! :-)

    ivya | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd not heard of hug me before, it looks like a really nice shade though so I'm definitely going to look out for it when I'm next at the MAC counter!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Maybelline gloss, it had completely converted me into liking lip glosses! :)

    xx
    lovelygatekeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to try this Eucerin cleanser xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cleansing waters look interesting! I really like the eucerin brand - I have eczema and their lotions work wonders. Happy Tuesday!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one of the maybelline ones and I love it! Need to check out that shade soon!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw the photo I figured the first one was going to be the miss out of the three. Definitely an interesting concept, but it also looks like something that may be a bit gimmicky. I love the colour elixirs and that shade in particular is so stunning.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color of the Maybelline lippie. So peachy. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mac's Hug Me looks gorgeous! I need!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to read the Makeup Revolution #happylips Lipstick did not work for you. I would love to try the Maybellines Color Sensational Elixir, the colour you chose looks pretty! xo, Alexandra

    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have my eyes on Breathtaking Apricot but sadly when they released here, they didn't include this shade! :(

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the look of the new Maybelline glosses, the packaging is so similar to the Dior ones that are so expensive! Will be look for one of these when they launch! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the Maybelline Color Sensational Elixir in Caramel Infused and I love it too! If you're looking to add a nice sheen to your MAC Hug Me for a night out or special occasion it would be perfect to layer lightly on top. It's a great nude with a nice pink undertone that I think suits any skin tone. You should definitely give it a try!

    | jordancathleen.blogspot.com
    | jordancathleen

    ReplyDelete
  18. MAC's hug me is my favourite lipstick of all time!! I've just run out and basically centred a whole trip to a city near me JUST to buy it again! x

    www.lalalasunaina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. the maybelline lipgloss looks stunning! Will have to keep an eye out x

    http://nailsmakeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love MAC lipsticks and the Hug me shade looks so pretty and perfect nude for many makeup looks. Aww it sucks that the revolution lipstick was a miss as other products from the range seem to be such great quality.

    Thank you for sharing, I hope you have a lovely day! <3

    *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  21. #Happylips is probably the only product from Makeup Revolution that I've had a problem with, with the shade I got I had no colour payoff whatsoever and was really disappointed - I've heard loads of good reviews. I'm a huge fan of the brand though, and their products are amazing - especially the palettes. X

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  22. I swatched the makeup revolution argan oil lipstick in store and got the same impression you did. It takes quite a few swipes and you still end up with very little colour pay off. Such a shame because the concept is nice, like u said.

    Speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really enjoyed this post, that MAC shade looks really pretty :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really want to try the Eucerin Cleansing Fluid, why can't these come to the states yet??

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Maybelline's Color Sensational Elixir! :)

    heartoffnowhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo