Joining The Revolution


Makeup Revolution is a brand thats everywhere at the moment. I recently received a few things to try and had a few mixed results (you may have seen me mention these in recent posts). However, I've also discovered a few gems too. 
The Focus & Fix Brow Kit in medium-dark contains 3 shades of brow powder and a clear brow wax. You also get a mini brow brush and tweezers. For just £2.50, this is a nifty little kit thats perfect for travelling with. I've been using a combination of two shades of powder on my brows and they're a decent colour match. I like that they're not too warm toned but for really dark brows, this compact might not be suitable as the shades don't run that dark. Though the powder isn't as pigmented as other brow kits I've used, you can build up the colour and it stays put all day. 
When it comes to bronzing, I need a bronzer that isn't going to look to dark or muddy on my fair skin. The Baked Bronzer in ready to go (£4) looks a little like a MAC MSF, however its a pretty gold bronze with shimmer. Its pigmented, soft and smooth but for pale skintones like myself, a little goes a long way. I have to be careful with application to avoid looking too orange but applied with a powder brush for a subtle look it adds a gorgeous sunkissed glow. 


The Flawless Eyeshadow Palette has a whopping 32 eyeshadows for just £8. If you like neutrals then you really cant go wrong with this palette - theres a great combination of shades suitable for either a natural look or something a little smokier. Quality wise, well some perform better than others. The matte shades tend to lean on the chalky side, whereas the shimmer shades feel smooth, soft and pigmented. All shades have names (name are printed on a plastic layout). 


Two of my favourite shades swatched - (from left to right) highlight and silver smoke. Also swatched is the baked bronzer.

Have you tried any Makeup Revolution products?




check out my exclusive advertiser The Runner Beans

15 comments

  1. That palette looks unreal, what a bargain!

    Ciara x | Ciara Pocket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the eyeshadow palette, that would be amazing for beginners!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_vpqfIFR6c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to buy the Flawless palette! I have one of their other palettes and the same bronzer and I'm obsessed with them both!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iv recently found out about makeup revolution and also done a post on some products would be nice if you would check it out :) love your blog.

    Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't tried anything by the brand yet since I don't live in the UK, but that palette sure looks intriguing, especially for that price! :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried anything from Makeup Revolution, but all these things look lovely!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brand I really want to try but I don't know if I can get in my country! It's always the way, it seems.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't because I don't think it's available in my country! but once it does i'll be sure to give them a try. They seem to be value for money :)

    urbanhippiekl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear...You have made me want to buy that palette now... :O

    Nicole♥ | Just a bit of Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. this bronzer looks fab, I adore the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Blush xx

    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't tried this brand, but the shimmery eyeshadows look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous palette! I'm blonde so I struggle to find light brown eyebrow powders that suit me, would you say the colours there are good for blondes as well as brunettes/darker hair colours? Thank youuu and lovely post! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I joined the revolution as well, my order just arrived a couple of days ago, but really impressed with the quality!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. The palette looks great! I'm always cautious when buying cheaper palettes just in case it doesn't work out... but I think I might give this one a go. Is it worth the price + shipping (to Australia)? I'm planning on cutting down on my eyeshadows and having just a few nice palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ive recently been wanting to try Makeup Revolution products but I'm just not sure if it is really worth it yet, to be honest.

    briannaly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo