Mascaras in Rotation...


Mascara has been something I've never paid that much attention to. I've tried a few over the years but I always struggled to find a decent one. I used to opt for higher end mascaras as I found them far batter than any drugstore alternative (I like Laura Mercier and Dior). However, I've been impressed with a few new mascaras recently and thought I'd show the mascaras I currently use.


I must admit this one was a real surprise. I had no expectations beforehand but I certainly wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do. This mascara has a flexible wand so its much easier to get to the base of your lashes and ensure the mascara is combed through evenly. The mascara itself is jet black and glossy - it makes my lashes look longer, more defined with extra volume. A really great mascara for the price. 


Lash domination is a 10 in 1 volumising mascara. Although it lengthens my lashes, gives volume and makes them look thicker, smudging is an issue. I wore this on a boiling hot day and it literary melted off my lashes, leaving smudges all around my eyes. Not a great look. On cooler days it wore better but do find it difficult to remove with micellar water. This would be a really good mascara if it wore better as it does lift my lashes.


Bourjois 1 seconde mascara gives instant 360 volume with a mirrored tube and a wand with both spherical  and straight bristles to give clump free, voluminous lashes. I'm kinda cheating with this one as my mum's been trying this out for me. My mum isn't a massive beauty lover but girl knows her mascaras. So far, shes been impressed with this one and I have to say, her lashes look long, defined and most importantly clump free. Shes given this the thumbs up so I'm sure I'll be picking up another one for myself along the way!



The brush on this is described as 'broken heart shaped', which in my vocabulary translates to blummin useless. Seriously, the brush is pointless, its so difficult to grip onto your lashes and comb through. Now, this mascara is meant to give dramatic volume and plump and lift in one clean stroke and I can safely say it does neither. I'm really selling this one aren't I? However, all is not lost - I like using this on lazy days when I don't want to use much eye makeup as it does lengthen my lashes without clumping. The shade I have is blue, which on my lashes translates to a slight blue tint. This isn't one I would repurchase but I do have some use for it at the moment.


I received this in a beauty box and its probably not one I would have found otherwise as I'm not overly familiar with the brand. That said, this is really great mascara. I actually find this similar to the Laura Mercier volumising mascara, in that it creates volume, length and definition without clumping or smudging. You can add a few layers of this to your lashes and it never looks caked on or clumpy. I also really like the mirrored packaging and brush - the brush itself is quite thin so you can really get into every lash. Not the cheapest mascara on the market but a nice surprise!

Have you tried any of these? Whats your favourite mascara?


27 comments

  1. Hahah I totally agree on weirdly shaped mascara wands, they are usually soooooo pointless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I dont understand it at all :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the bourjois 1 second mascara! My all time fave is loreal telescopic! Works wonders for me!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh good choice,I'll have to try that one x

      Delete
  3. My favourite mascara at the moment is the Lancôme Hypnose Star but I also quite like the Maybelline Mega Plush (took a but of getting used to because of its bendy wand).
    I was thinking about that trying the rocking curves one but maybe I'll try something else instead.

    Feathers and Brushes | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the lancome x

      Delete
  4. I always think you get what you pay for with expensive mascara, but I do think the Bourjois one is excellent for the money!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite mascara is Hypnose Drama by Lancôme, I've been using it for years now!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lancome seem to be a good choice x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for keeping my from buying the Rimmel Mascara, since I've been eyeing it up for quite a while now... Great post! Vanessax

    www.sevenmins.ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! This was super helpful :)

    www.yourdoseofcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the Kate Moss brush really does look useless which is a shame because I love almost everything else from her line with Rimmel! I'm obsessed with mega clump-free mascaras so I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the Bourjois one!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I love the kate moss lippies but this mascara is a dud x

      Delete
  9. Great post. I am always using the same mascaras and repurchasing them because I know what works. Currently using Maybelline the falsies and Rocket waterproof which are both amazing and gives the finish I want. As to my holy grail mascara, it has got to be Lancome hypnose waterproof mascara which lengthens and seperates perfectly without it clumping.

    Thank you for reviewing these handful of mascaras here, I really wanted to give the Lash domination a whirl but I'm glad i read ur review first because smudging mascara is a definite no no for me!
    Have a lovely day <3

    Y i n g || *~YingcBeauty~*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I currently use the Bourjois 1 seconde Volume mascara (waterproof version) and love it! the Bareminerals' brush is so particular! Too bad it does smudge. Xo, Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it had potential but a shame it smudges x

      Delete
  11. I love the brush of the bare minerals one. Pity that it smudges esily :S

    www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    kisses, cecil

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not tried any of those mascaras but its great to hear which are the good, the bad and the ugly. I really like the sound of the mememe mascara, its not a brand I turn to often. I'm currently loving a combination of the L'Oreal Miss Manga and Benefit's They're Real :) x

    Barbie Sparkles | UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into the loreal one x

      Delete
  13. I still have to try the Bourjous 1 Seconde Mascara, it looks great!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favourite mascara would have to be Maybelline's the Rocket mascara. I have gone through 3 or 4 tubes of the stuff in a row and will be re-purchasing it again when my current one if empty. I have small stubby hard to curl lashes and the rocket is able to give them length, volume and holds a curl! What more could I from a 'drug-store' product.

    http://loveonceuponadream.blogspot.ie/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo