The Best Budget Beauty Buys


The highstreet (or drugstore if you're from across the pond) have some amazing products. Though I do like a treat and splurge, sometimes you really don't need to splash out to get good quality products. The last few years, many budget brands have massively improved their product line. Whilst, I could talk about many products, I've managed to whittle down my favourites based on how easy they are to find, all round quality, suitability and price. These are the standout gems that are well worth a purchase.

Whilst I have a major love for Revlon Colorstay, the only foundation that can rival it is Match Perfection. The Rimmel offering is more of a people pleaser in terms of coverage, price and being suitable for most skin types. I'd describe the coverage as light to medium with a radiant finish. Oily/combination skins will need to blot their t-zone during the day but despite that, the staying power is pretty good. Its kind of a 'skin but better' result - a flawless base and good colour match. I use light porcelain, which is perfect for my very fair skin. It also has a pump bottle too. A really great all round foundation.

We're on a Rimmel Roll!One of my favourite Rimmel products is the Scandaleyes liner in nude. This is great for brightening the eye area, especially if you suffer from tired eyes. I apply like a normal liner on the bottom lash line and also in the corners before blending. It really perks up the eye area and is a bargain buy!

Though the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is the hyped concealer (I personally really like it), its not for everyone. If you're looking for something less heavy and more blendable then Seventeen Stay Time is your answer. This can be used on blemishes, redness, imperfections and under the eyes. Despite being slightly lighter coverage than lasting perfection, it stays put all day (I haven't tested the 18h claim though) and isn't orange toned. Theres a limited shade range but if you can find one that suits your skin tone then its worth snapping up.

Bar far, one of the best pressed powders I've tried is the NYC Smooth Skin Powder. For the price of £1.99, you get a compact with powder, mirror and puff. The powder does a great job of setting makeup, controlling oil and not looking caked on. I'd even go as far as saying this is on par if not better than MAC's pressed powder, which is about ten times the price. A real steal.

I never know where to start when it comes to eyeshadow shopping on the highstreet. There are a few palettes out there but for single shadows, its a little trickier. Iced fudge is a gorgeous taupe brown with a soft texture and good pigmentation. If you love neutrals, then this is one to consider, especially for just over £4.

Despite being dubbed a blush, halo is really best used as a highlighter. Halo is a gorgeous light pink champagne shimmer, that's considered a dupe for MAC's soft and gentle. Its pigmented, smooth and only £3.99. I'm not a massive fan of the cardboard packaging but that aside, this is a really great product (you can see it swatched in this post).

Have you tried any of these products?



29 comments

  1. I have been wanting to try the Rimmel Scandaleyes liner like forever but I can't seem to get hold of it from where I live. *Sadness*

    Alice x | ALICEYEH.pro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good bargain (: I have had my eye on the Beauty UK Blush & Rimmel Eyeliner for a while. I think it's about time I purchase them (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own both the Beauty UK blusher and NYC powder, i love them! I need to try the 17 concealer though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't actually tried any of these products, but I have been tempted by the match perfection foundation as I have heard lots of good things about it! I love finding great products for bargain prices! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definetly have to check out beauty uk's blush in Halo if its a dupe for Macs soft and gentle!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the Match Perfection foundation in light porcelain too! Rimmel is one of the few drugstore brands which has shades light enough for me. The only problem I have with it is it tends to make my skin a little oily but a bit of powder tends to sort that out :)

    Sasha Monday | Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like great products, definitely agree that high street eyeshadow shopping is daunting and I bet there are so many hidden gems out there. Will try look out for Iced Fudge though as it looks gorgeous. Scandaleyes in Nude is great too, really helps me on a tired day!

    Enter my MAC Eyeshadow Quad Giveaway at The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't tried the bronzer or blush but I own and love the rest! Great post!

    Sam xo sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the Match Perfection foundation! I love it too! x

    Sunaina ❃

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been looking for a conceler so will definitly be trying this one out!

    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE the finish of the Rimmel True Match foundation, its dewy and lasts a long time. For me it would be a perfect foundation but it doesn't have a light enough shade for me unfortunately! The lightest one was a bit too pink and alittle dark.

    bellachicgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the scandal eye nude liner - it's the perfect colour for the waterline!
    Great post! xx

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that seventeen concealer so much! Much much better then the collection one as that just collects in my fine lines! I also really like the perfect match foundation right now i use mac face and body but the rimmel one will come out as we get closer to winter! If i was to add my own bit it would be a blush from seventeen as they do a really nice plum one!

    http://allthingskerri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've chosen some great products there! x

    www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had my eyes on that Rimmel eyeliner for a really long time, I think I might just buy it! Plus the BeautyUK blush sounds really beautiful from what you've written, I may have to also splash the cash on that! (: x
    - Nicole (justabitofnicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Rimmel Perfect Match. I love this foundation! Because it's so runny I've been using it for contouring too.

    http://wendyenglandmua.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am definitely intrigued to try the pressed powder - I'm nearly all out of my usual one!


    Jemma | Jemma In Words

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been reading a lot about using nude eyeliner to line the waterline instead of white because it's less harsh. Will certainly give this brand a go :D
    www.natillie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been needing a nude liner, but just haven't gotten around to picking one up. I hope we have the Rimmel one over here in the states!

    xx Sierra
    lovelygatekeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the Rimmel Match Perfection, mainly because there's a porcelain shade! Must give the Seventeen concealer a go!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the rimmel match perfection! It's such a bargain buy and leaves the skin looking amazing.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beauty UK was my go-to brand back at College. That was the first time I was introduced to make-up (obviously I've heard of it before), but my Mum was never big on it so I never saw anyone using it to then question. I think the brand has got slightly bigger and better since then, which is great because it's still so cheap! The best budget brand I have found a love for to date is, Miss Sporty. Everyone use to say, 'Ew, that's tacky'. What? How? Never mind. their liquid concealer in a small lipgloss-like tube is amazing!

    http://www.scampinchips.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rimmel do some amazing products, love they Scandaleyes liners! Have you tried the NYC Sunny Bronzer? It is amazing!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Rimmel Scandalous pencil in nude is almost up there in holy grail status for me - I recommend it to everyone.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally agree with you on the NYC Powder, it is amazing for the price! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bargain buys are essential for me on my capped budget, but these are proper gems! Great finds here! I've been looking for a good concealer and powder for a while now so I'll take a look at the ones mentioned here! I'm currently in love with my favorite foundation for summer which is Rimmel's Wake Me Up, though for autumn I'll be switching to something a bit more matte. The nude liner is something I've never given a thought to but now seems like a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the kind of posts!! I need that eyeshadow!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the Match Perfection too, such a lovely foundation! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great choices! Revlon colorstay and that Rimmel one are my go-to night/day foundations!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo