5 Must Have Blushes!


Have I mentioned that I love blushes!They're my favourite makeup item and being incredibly pale, its not an item I like to skip. Currently, there are five blushes that are rocking my world.
I mentioned the new CID i-glow compact shimmer powder* in ice pop in my recent favourites post and it really is gorgeous. It looks like a MAC msf but performs better - its smoother, softer with great pigmentation. On darker skin tones, this pale pink shade may not show up but it would make a pretty highlighter. 
For a cream blush, Cliniques cheek pop in plum pop is a firm favourite. Its kind of a cream to powder formula, which works great on my oily skin and stays put without sliding off. Plum pop is a mid toned pink with a satin finish, which would work well on most skin tones and a really great all rounder. A two-in one blush/lip combo doesn't usually impress me but the YSL baby doll kiss and blush has me feeling otherwise. I have the shade pink hedoniste - a cool toned light to medium pink. The formula is air whipped, creamy and light with a matte finish. Its a really pretty shade with a perfect formula. Pricey but worth every penny.


Back to powder formulations and theres always one brand for me that has outstanding powder blushers - Illamasqua. I own a few illamasqua blushers but my all time favourite shade is naked rose (swatched here). Naked rose is a neutral pink beige with a matte finish. Illamasqua blushes have a slight vanilla scent to them and have a super soft, smooth and pigmented formula. The matte blushes from Illamasqua are seriously pigmented, so a little goes a long way. 


I had to give a lil' mention to MAC's stunner blush, which as you can tell is my most used blusher. I'm hoping this comes back one day as it was limited edition and mine feels on the dry side now. I do have a few MAC blushers on my wishlist - I think fleur power is meant to be similar to this so that's one I'll be looking at!

What are your favourite blushes?



check out my exclusive advertiser The Runner Beans






16 comments

  1. Clinique's cheek pops are adorable! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, so so many added to my wishlist. The Clinique flower blushes are just to die for.

    Georgina from foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these, such a sucker for a pink blush they always looks so pretty! Lovely post x

    http://xxchloescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same as you, blush is my favourite product! I love peach pop so I really must try the others in the range and plum pop looks gorgeous!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those YSL kiss and blush's are GORGEOUS! The packaging is just amazing! Mac Stunner looks gorgeous too!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Illamasqua blusher, but I've actually been really enjoying Makeup Revolutions Baked Blusher recently - I'm really impressed with the quality considering they're so cheap!

    Tara at Headline Beauty xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a shame that MAC blusher is limited edition, it's gorgeous!! Xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous choices, I love those Clinique blushers! I'm not really a blusher girl, but love Sleek blushers!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Clinique cheek pop looks stunning!

    Sophia | sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love my YSL Kiss & Blush, definitely pricey but so worth it! The Clinique Cheek pop looks so pretty too.

    Catherine, xo || Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shades!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that it is summer in southern hemisphere, I might have to try the Clinique Cheek Pop! Great shades and can definitely be put into use all year round! xx

    meet-mariee.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Clinique blush looks gorgeous!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The marble pattern in the CID product is so stunning!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have pale skin too and picking blushes or finding the right ones is very hard for me, but this post was very helpful. Will deffinketlybtry some of these products.

    http://candyiciousxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo