5 Products For Blemishes


There are times when my skin goes slightly crazy and I break out. As I suffer from blemishes now and again, I like to keep certain products that I know will help to treat and minimise them as best as they can. For concealer, I usually turn to Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer or Becca Dual Coverage Compact Concealer. For skincare, I have five products that I use in rotation.

Cliniques Blemish Gel is a clear gel that soothes, reduces redness and irritation. The formula contains salicylic acid - a well known spot fighting ingredient that gets rid of dead surface cells to promote healthy skin renewal. as well as seawhip to calm and soothe. This gel also aims to control the production of sebum and help unclog pores. You can use it directly on each blemish or as a mask. As it contains alcohol, I prefer to apply it to blemishes only. I've found it really does help with redness and reducing spot size. Its not a miracle worker by any means but with continued use it does work.

Tea tree is known for its antibacterial properties. For spots, this means helping to keep the skin clear and refreshed. I like to use this water after cleansing or in place of a cleanser in the morning. I find its really light and cooling, which helps to calm and soothe any blemishes. It also helps with keeping my oily skin balanced.

What are you mad?an oil on spots?!!Yes, trust me oils are not to be feared on oily or blemished skins. A lot of oils can actually help to balance your skin. This facial oil from Antonia Burrell is aimed at ageing and blemished skins. I love that brands are now realising that theres a market for this. The pure therapy facial oil contains date palm kernal extract to increase collagen, oleanoline IS extract to reduce redness and organic sandalwood to calm irritated skin and reduce blemishes. This oil is fairly light and despite the 15ml size, a little goes a long way. I find it soaks into my skin fairly quickly and it doesn't leave my skin feeling any oilier than normal. I've really been enjoying using this every night - my skin feels hydrated, calm and any blemishes I've had have been smaller than usual.

Bioderma Sebium Global Intensive Purifying Care
This is my regular morning moisturiser as it makes a great base for makeup. Its also super light and treats blemishes, as well as controlling sebum. It contains zinc gluconate and enoxolone to reduce redness and inflammation and purify the skin. Its also aimed at reducing acne scarring to. I find some spots can leave slight scarring on my face but this moisturiser really does help to fade any marks left from blemishes. My skin feels hydrated, balanced and smooth after I use this. If you have oily/combination skin with blemishes, I would definitely recommend taking a look at this moisturiser.

Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleaning Milk
Technically this cleaner isn't aimed at blemished skin, however after using a lot of cleansers over the years, I've found that cream cleansers work better on my skin. Generally, cleansers aimed at blemishes tend to dry my skin out so I prefer using cleansers aimed at sensitive skin as they're more gentle and soothing. The Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk is a light, creamy cleanser with omega 3 to reduce inflammation, omega 7 to reduce and repair chronic inflammation and flavonoids to heal and soothe. My skin feels really soft after use - I like to apply it all over my face and remove with a warm damp cloth (like you would use a hot cloth cleanser). I like using Ren products as their products are free from parabens, synthetic colours and fragrances, animal ingredients and silicones. If you're looking to start using their products, I would highly recommend the gentle cleansing milk as its perfect for any skin type!

What are your favourite products for blemishes?


check out my exclusive advertiser The Runner Beans

20 comments

  1. I'm a massive fan of the Lush Tree Water - must check the rest of these out!

    Allie x

    Rush & Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this list! I've always wondered which blemish treatments are good for folks who get occasional (as opposed to regular) breakouts. This is great!

    <3 Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Clinique gel is great, it might not be a miracle worker but it comes close! I love the whole Effaclar range from La Roche Posay and the Sebium one from Bioderma too, and the Normaderm range from Vichy is pretty good too! My skin stays spot free with the use of at least one gentle product for blemish prone skin, and I find it works great because when the random spot comes it also goes away super quickly ;) Love your recommendations! ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the LUSH Tea Tree water, I basically use it everyday! :) Another great LUSH product is Grease Lightning, which is also super effective for blemishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, always looking for products for blemishes xx

    www.esttrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clinique is just so good, and I really didn't expect a brand known for gentle skincare to actually kill my spots!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so helpful! Thanks for sharing! I really need to try the tea tree water from lush

    Sophia | sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to try to blemish gel! I love the clinique range xx

    lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am interested in REN.
    www.anaviglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Lush tea tree toner water and I love it. It has been a staple of mine for a couple of years now and wouldn't change it out of my routine!

    Rachel xx
    pwndbyrach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lush tea tree water is really good. I have tea tree oil and use it directly onto my spots. Works really well!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear by tea tree! Haven't ever tried the lush one before but definitely will now :) http://cottonandcandie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!

    http://candyiciousxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get a discount on Clinique from where I work, and I've been wanting to try some of their skincare. I think I'll try the Blemish Gel first, it sounds like it's exactly what I need.

    xx Sierra
    lovelygatekeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear so many good things about the Lush tea tree water, I really need to pick it up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the tea tree water but lush have told me that I shouldn't use it unless my skin is playing up as you can build up resistance to it!! Really love all of cliniques anti blemish products as they work so well for my skin!! :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Clinique spot gel! Neutrogena products are also really good as well as they have salicylic acid in too :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post. A few products here ive not heard of or tried. I have the lush tea tree and i use it after shaving, works a treat for shaving spots.

    :http://evverythingnice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Need to try these, great post <3
    KKKIRANXOXO: Beauty Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo