I'm glad I splurged on...| High end beauty buys!


Have you ever bought a high end beauty product and felt really disappointed? Purchasing a product that doesn't live up to expectations is never great but when you've splashed out on a treat, it's money down the drain, especially as we cant return tested beauty products here in the UK.
When I make a high end purchase, I like to do my research - I look at various reviews and swatches online before I make a decision to buy or not. There are several high end beauty products I would recommend to any beauty lover and my top 5 are all incredible products. If you're going to treat yourself (or others maybe?) then these would be the five I would wholeheartedly suggest.

Despite the name, there's nothing sheer about this eyeshadow. The formula is soft, smooth and highly pigmented. The packaging is luxurious with a magnetic closure and mirror inside. You can use these as a swipe of colour over the lid or in the crease as the texture blends easily. 

I've mentioned this product a lot over the past few weeks but its one that's really worth splurging on. You can use this on both lips and cheeks - I prefer it as a blush to give a natural flush. The formula is 'air-whipped' to provide a luminous matte finish. Its soft, creamy and pigmented, with a little going a long way on pale skins. On darker skin tones, the colour is buildable to provide a defined look. 

Honestly the most natural highlighter I've ever used, this Kevyn Aucoin highlighter in a golden apricot shade adds subtle radiance without looking glittery. It works best applied with a fan brush and dotted over the nose, cheeks and forehead. The texture is finely milled, which makes it look natural on the skin. A real gem!

Bobbi brown isn't particularly best known for shadows but the cream variety are truly awesome. On my oily lids, this lasts all day without fading or creasing. The texture is a little bit harder than MAC paint pots but the formula is still easy to blend. 

Exactly as the title says, these are long wearing lipsticks with a matte finish. Despite the matte texture, its creamy, soft and doesn't dry your lips out. The colour is saturated to give an opaque finish and the silver bullet adds a bit of luxury too.

What are your favourite high end beauty buys?


check out my exclusive advertiser The Runner Beans

21 comments

  1. The only product I've tried from your list is the YSL one, and I adore it! I'm waiting for the Clinique lipsticks to come to Italy since I've been reading so many good things about them! And, well, the other things are all on my wishlist ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of these products!! YSL lipsticks are forever my fave!!

    GIVEAWAY | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Burberry eye shadow looks lovely! I am a big lover of Benefit gimme brow and the NARS eyeshadow duos!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the Bobbi Brown eye shadows in fact even their matte eye shadows are amazing quality! I tried the Clinique lipsticks the other day and they seemed pretty good reminded me of the Givenchy Le Rouge!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kevin Aucoin Celestrial Powder looks beautiful! May have to go check this out! :)
    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just bought the Kevyn Aucoin highlighter - stunning! It's a lot smaller than your one though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the NARS Laguna Bronzer, I bought it at the beginning of this year and I already hit pan majorly .. it's just such an easy bronzer to apply, I adore it!

    TanjaWhatsername

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Clinique lipstick looks absolutely gorgeous, I love the silver!

    bellachicgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard so many good things about that powder!
    sirensandbells.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so many high end products on my wishlists, but then I never end up parting ways with my money for them!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often stay away from high end products because i'm afraid of being disappointed by them or regretting my decision, but I do like the MAC studio sculpt foundation! It's something I always go back to.

    Distant Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard mix reviews on the YSL blush, guess it's different on each person! I must admit I love all my Bobbi Brown sheer lip colors esp shade Pink Taffy :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm super picky when it comes to the consistency of highlighters and the Kevin Aucoin ones sound perfect for me.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use the bobbi brown under eye brightener it is seriously so good, you should try it! Also I downloaded your free template, its so pretty I love it!!

    rosabelleblogspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have been eyeing the YSL blush for a while now. The colours are so pretty! X

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Burberry Shadows and Kevyn Aucoin powder sound amazing, I really want to try them x

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. These all sound lovely!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. YSL is always worth the splurge in my eyes!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love this post! I personally adore high end make up. I just really enjoy the process of researching the product, picking out the perfect shade and seeing it's beautiful packaging each day! To me it's like owning an art collection :) As a result, i have way too many products to mention here but my current top three are: 1. Hourglass Ambient Light Powder in 'Radiant Light' (the perfect luminous bronzer for the cheeks), 2. By Terry Ombre Blackstar in 'Misty Rock' (the most beutiful lilac, bronzy shade that matches every skin tone day or night) and 3. Shu Uemura Face Architect Foundation (the perfect full coverage foundation that stays on all day without looking flat - especially when used in conjunction with radiant light!) xo

    http://candidlycatrin.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the YSL Kiss and Blush I'm so impressed with it <3
    KKKIRANXOXO: Beauty and Lifestyle Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo