Pale Skin Beauty


Being incredibly pale, I used to find it a real struggle to find products that suited my skin tone. Luckily since I started reading beauty blogs, I've found several products that are perfect for my complexion.
I used to avoid bronzers at all costs as I thought they would just make my skin look dirty or muddy. I discovered the Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer a year ago and haven't looked back. This bronzer is incredible for pale skin as its not red or orange toned but light enough to add subtle colour or contour. Its also a matte finish, meaning its really natural looking and great for oily skin. 
For a 3in1 palette, I love the Urban Decay Flushed Palette in streak - the bronzer in here is darker than the honey bronzer but if applied gently, it adds a subtle hint of colour. The highlighter in this palette is stunning. Its a peachy gold shade and its looks beautiful layered over the coral blush. 
Foundations are the biggest problem for my pale skin. Some bases run far too dark (Bourjois I'm looking at you!) but Rimmel, Loreal and Revlon all have really light foundation shades. I like Rimmels Match Perfection, Loreals True Match and Revlons Colourstay. At the higher end of the scale, MAC have a great shade range and my favourite Estee Lauder Double Wear light now comes in a lighter shade.
Theres a lot of choice when it comes to lips and eyes - the best lip shade I've found recently is MAC's hug me - swatched in this post. This is the perfect nude shade for pale skin as it doesn't make you look washed out or tired. For eyes, I really love cool toned shades, such as Bobbi Brown's Cream Shadow in sand dollar - a pale grey taupe with subtle shimmer. This one lasts all day and is creamy and smooth.


check out my exclusive advertiser The Runner Beans

24 comments

  1. I have really pale skin too and struggle to find bronzers that suit me. I'll have to check out the Body Shop one! Great post :) x

    http://cameoheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted this - I have really pale skin too and finding the right shade is a chore! I don't use bronzer very often because I feel like it just doesn't match my skin tone, but maybe I'll have to try that kind!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of them products! X

    www.chantellehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great post!

    http://candyiciousxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've created this post, I tan a little in summer but it's beginning to fade and I'm in need of a bronzer that suits pale skin. The Body Shop has such a great deal on right now by the way! You get a free full size gift, free delivery and 40% off so I think I might get the bronzer as it looks so lovely :)
    I love your blog! Great post!

    Becki | <a href="www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk >Beauty & the Brunette</a>
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have quite plae skin and I have found this really useful. There are so many products here that I want to try and have heard good reviews about.

    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pale skin problems, being naturally red haired and fair skinned comes with it's problems! Some great recommendations!

    http://eliphi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Literally need to try all the stuff you have recommended! Especially the foundation, is it good for school??
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try out the Honey Bronzer, I have a Bobbi Brown one but would love to try another one! I also really like the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation x

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. NARS Sheer glow also has an amazing light shade. Maybe the lightest shade I have found! The shade is called "Siberia". It may even be to light for you. ( I am a fair skin girl myself) . I love Rimmel and Revlon foundations also!!

    www.hopefullyhelpfulbeauty.blogspot,com

    -Hope

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying to get my hands On the honey bronzer, seen so many amazing reviews about it for pale skin contouring! I use the loreal true match foundation and absolutely love it.
    Great post!

    Ashley x
    ashleyelizabethx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im super super pale aswell! I definitely need to get my hands on that Honey bronzer! Everyone raves about it but I am yet to buy it! I love rimmel match perfection foundation! its amazing!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still really need to try that body shop bronzer! And I'm on the hunt for the perfect nude lippy for pale gals xx


    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really enjoyed this post, I love having a tan in the summer but when autumns around I like to embrace the pale so its nice to see nude products that work on others especially the lipstick :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely picking up Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation when it gets colder and I lose my freckles and slight colour. Really want to try the Honey Bronze Bronzer as well, I'm personally a little terrified of bronzers so I feel this is a good starting point! xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for this! I'm very pale, and have struggled to find shades of makeup that don't make me look ill or badly sunburnt. You're wonderful, and I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog :) Can I ask what your absolute favourite foundation for yourself is? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely nude lipstick!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to try the honey bronzer!! Sounds brilliant and it looks cute too :)

    Beauty & The Bird | Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Match perfection is one of the foundations that I don't actually have to blend into my neck because it matches my pale skin so, so well.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was just the post I needed! What shade do you use in L'Oreal True Match and Revlon Colour Stay? I was interested in trying them out but I don't know which shade to go for porcelain skin!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the Naked Flushed palette in Streak too and absolutely love it. I'm definitely going to look at getting some of the others in the range as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation! It has always been my favourite, in the lightest shade of course! #paleskinprobems!

    www.sunnylikejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the Naked flushed palette too! I haven't used the highlighter much but I love the blush and bronzer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo