5 Easy Ways To Improve Your Blog Today...


Regardless of where you are in your blogging journey - you may be a new blogger or have a few years of blogging experience under your belt, there may be times when you want to push or 'up' your blogging game. Improving your blog doesn't have to be a complicated task. Sometimes making a few small changes can make a massive difference and today I'm showing you 5 easy ways you can make some little changes right now.


1. Blog design
Changing your blog design is a lot easier than it seems. You don't need to be an html/design expert - I have several tutorials here that may help you and google is a world of information. You don't need to change your whole design either, just making one or two small changes can keep your blog fresh. Whether its changing your page font, header (its super easy to make a new header in an online photo editor) or colours.

2. Contact details
Having your email details and social media links marked clearly on your blog ensures that readers/companies can get in touch with you and subscribe to your social media easily. Theres been so many times I've stumbled across a blog and there has been no subscribe button. I would also recommend adding social media links to each blog post as again it makes it that bit easier for readers to click on and subscribe to your channels.

3. Join social media
Following on from the above point, I would recommend joining twitter and other social media in order to help publicise your blog posts and interact with other bloggers. Pinterest also seems to be a great way of getting your content 'out there'. You can add a pinterest widget (like I have on the right hand side) via your pinterest settings.

4. Make your photographs stand out.
Images can play a massive part in making your content shine. I truly believe you dont need to be a photography expert or have a top of the range camera to improve your blog photographs. Consider making your photographs larger as smaller ones can be slightly off putting - you can do this easily by visiting my tutorial here.

5. Link to your previous posts
Linking to previous posts is a great way to boost your views and encourage new readers to read your earlier content. You can do this by linking to previous posts in your blog post content (similar to what I've done in point 4 by linking to a html tutorial) or you can add a widget to your blog. For example, I use linkwithin to link to similar content at the end of each blog post. Nrelate and Engageya also have similar widgets.



Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

20 comments

  1. Simple but effective! All really good points.
    www.natillie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I only started blogging in July and i love trying new designs and ideas. Iv just done my "Brand of the Week" post x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I agree with all of them! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips :)
    I have blogging tips series on my blog I'd love for anyone to check it out Xx
    makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very useful tips, thank you!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! I always think theres room for improvement in any bloggers case :) xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such great tips, I've really been working hard towards improving the standard of my blog lately!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and simple tips :) also new header looks cute <3
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good tips. Thanks

    Leonie x

    ikonikbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great and easy tips! Thanks!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the advice! Really helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very helpful post with some useful tips. Especially with some tutorials on web design as that's the next step for my blog :)

    http://www.amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spend hours on your blog looking through your tips and tricks! Keep up the amazing work!

    Alana | alanawise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you add your social media buttons x this is probably so simple but it's baffling me ha

    http://anappetiteformakeup.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much!! This has really helped! I'm new to the blogging world and have only recently started my own - AGingerblondie.blogpot.co.uk I would really appreciate it if you would check it out too! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really agree with the blog design. I love the one you have right now :)

    xx Cecil // www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very good tips! Thank you (:

    http://www.theinspirationcloset.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really good tips - I really must pay attention to taking better photos / actually using images on certain posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the tips that you share. being a new blogger (I started my blog in July), I've found them really helpful. Thanks for sharing!

    www.peroxide.junkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I started my blog yesterday, and it's all totally new to me, so thank you for this post! Really helpful.

    Laura Winnard

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo