5 Ways To Store Your Beauty Products!


Following on from my post on 5 ways to store your makeup brushes, I thought I would look at beauty storage in general. There are several great ways to store your beauty products but these are a few options that I like.


Ikea have some practical and affordable storage solutions. I use the Ikea Helmer, for storing the majority of my beauty products as its only £25 and it has a lot of space. It's also on wheels which makes it easy to move around. I sometimes push it to the window and use it for taking photographs on. I use the antonius inserts for separating my makeup into sections. They're meant to fit but I had to trim the sides down slightly.


A practical solution for bathroom storage is a plastic basket. I purchased this one from Morrisons but I've also seen the in Home bargains and Tesco. I find plastic storage might not be the prettiest option but its sturdy, wipe clean and inexpensive to purchase.


Personally, I think wooden storage is super cute for storing beauty items. I bought this little tray from ebay - this one is similar. It's handy for smaller products, such as perfume and lipbalm. I also really like wooden storage crates for storing larger items, such as bubble bath and shampoo.


For perfume, I love candle dishes or trays. This one is the Ikea skurar small candle dish. They also sell them in much larger sizes than this. 


Acrylic storage is highly popular. This is one I used to use but I don't have the space for anymore (this is an old photo, hence the crappier picture quality). I purchased this one from Amazon here. They also have the lipstick holders here and also on Ebay (super cheap!). The muji acrylic drawers are really practical too - this drawer unit is a cheaper dupe!

How do you store your beauty products?



Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

26 comments

  1. I have been searching for ages for a pretty and practical way to store my makeup, I now have some great ideas thanks to your post! Thanks :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly the best thing I bought was the acrylic holder for my lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great ideas! My storage system is terrible and everything is stuffed in a tiny makeup bag.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a helpful post, those eBay lipstick holders look very good, I'll be getting one once I have enough lipstick to fill it up. I also have that Morrisons basket, I bought them in different sizes too - very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh the Ikea Helmer looks so practical! I also love the idea of a wooden tray, they're so pretty! I like the pencil pots from paperchase as they're super cute and super useful!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little white basket and the white tray. Such cute storage options. :)

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Love the look of the tray and the Amazon acrylic storage! xx

    emily x ♥ | emily's beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so nice in the basket and on pretty plates/trays. I personally don't think I'd like all mine in a drawer, Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have six acrylic muji drawers which hold all of my makeup - I like to think of myself as being a non-hoarder, but my 56 lipsticks would plead otherwise...

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some great idea i have the little drawers they are awesome

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two of the Ikea Helmers; 1 for storing make up, brushes and skincare, and the other for storing all my nail varnishes! I don't know how I used to cope without them for storage, they are just so perfect for makeup, especially with the drawer dividers! Like you I had to trim mine down too as they didn't quite fit right.

    Thanks for the handy tips, I might grab some of those cute baskets for bathroom storage soon :)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh love this post! Got some good ideas :) I just stationary drawers from staples, and I have some kitchen plastic drawers from Poundland which surprisingly fit a lot ! They do the job on a budget :) MUJI drawers will happen one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All cute, brilliant ideas. I need to get organized and then stay organized with my makeup!
    Thanks for the ideas :)
    Jenny
    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all really great ideas! I can get kind of stuck on wear to store things as when a product is out of sight I don't tend to reach for it, but it can look quite cluttered if you have everything at the ready.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the advice. great post

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely need a better method of storing things, if it's not on top of my desk or in my makeup bag I kind of just have everything in a little plastic storage container. Albeit a cute white storage container. I like the look of those little trays, I definitely need to go look for some!

    x beauty, style, life | bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some great ideas, I like the idea of a basket, very cute :)

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Helma is much more reasonable than the Alexa that everyone had, might have to get myself one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really nice post and has given me loads of ideas of how I am going to store my makeup!

    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great post. I just added the Helmer to my Ikea basket!

    Ashley x
    ashleyelizabethx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This really helps. I'm desperately trying to find a way to store my makeup. Thanks =)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great post idea, I love it! When I get my new room, I'm definitely buying an ikea unit for all my beauty bits - I love the idea of the sections and also I want a couple of those lipstick holders! BHS sell them and they look perfect!

    CAT xo
    What Cat Says | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fab post, I keep my collection in the Ikea Alex draws (ironic I know) ;-)
    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need me some acrylic holders for my lippy! Fab ideas hun xx

    Kate | Kate Emma Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such great ideas, I'm having a bit of a storage mare at the moment so thank you for the post!

    Rhea
    thegridldn.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo