A Haircare Overhaul


Haircare is one area that I seem to be forever investing time and money in. Hair products are a complete minefield for me as my hair seems to be classed as several types. Generally my roots are oily, the ends are dry, its slightly wavy/frizzy and coloured - a real mix. Sadly, theres no perfect product that covers everything or maybe I just haven't found one yet but I seem to be still searching for my HG haircare.
I have been trying out a few new products recently so heres a few speedy reviews on whats been gracing my bathroom shelf.

I spotted this newbie for half price in Boots and unlike the majority of high street shampoos, you get a whopping 700ml (though there is a smaller 200ml bottle too). Theres a few versions of this shampoo but I purchased the everyday cleansing variety. I've used this a few times and I have to say that this isn't one for oily hair. It washes the hair well and leaves it looking clean at first but after a day, it starts to look oily again. I can usually get away with washing my hair every other day with other shampoos but I think this would work better on other hair types. It did make hair feel soft though.

I'm already on my second bottle of this shampoo as its been a real surprise. I'm not a massive fan of loreal hair products but this shampoo makes my hair look clean and shiny. Its as good as pricier shampoos I've used so I'm sure I'll keep using this.

I've tried a few hair oils but this one may just have the edge over the others. Organic worlds Brazilian oil is infused with keratin to smooth, repair and add shine. Its slightly watery but it feels weightless, meaning you can use it on damp or dry hair. I usually add a small amount before styling as it really makes my hair feel like silk. It helps to tame my static hair and doesn't feel oily either.

I mentioned this product a while back but its one I'm still enjoying using. This milky serum defrizzes, detangles and smooths without making the hair look greasy. I like to use this on dry hair before brushing as it helps to untangle any knots. It has a really lovely jasmine scent too.

Even though I've used this in the past, I decided to re-purchase it after spying it on offer on Amazon. I'll be honest and say that I don't think the John Frieda range is all that great. Don't get me wrong, its not terrible but I find it slightly over hyped for what it is. This serum is OK but I find it weighs my hair down slightly and can make my roots look oilier. It might work better on dry hair but its not one I will be raving about.

Have you tried any of these products?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

8 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these products before but I agree with your opinion on the John Frieda range. I tried a shampoo and a conditioner. The shampoo was okay and the conditioner well no. It just did not do anything.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on haircare - I literally own one styling product! - but lately I've been loving the Bumble & Bumble seaweed duo x

    Being lazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah oops instead of being lazy I was supposed to paste my blog link - whoops!

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You described my hair exactly in this post! Still haven't come across any holy grail products. Just wondering if you've tried SLS free shampoos, I'm interested in giving this a go but not sure they will cleanse my hair enough.

    Mary @ beautyonthecheap.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used frizz ease before and really liked it! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must try some of these x

    Freya Blendell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any of these products yet. Was interested in the Frizz Ease but it doesn't sound that good, unfortunately. Do you have any other recommendation on products to control frizz? x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sound of the Brazilian oil. Will definitely give it a try! x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo