The Dupes I Love!


Who doesn't love a good dupe?! Saving money is always a good thing so finding a cheaper version of a product you love is perfect for saving a bit of cash. 

Not all of the dupes I've found are exactly the same but they're a close match, which is good enough for me. One of my favourite dupes is a product that seems to go under the radar in the beauty world. Bare Minerals Concealer in well rested is a yellow toned concealer that can be used under the eyes to brighten or on areas with redness to tone it down. Like the rest of the original Bare Minerals range, this is a loose powder in a 'click and lock' tub - basically you twist the plastic lid inside to release a small amount of powder, which reduces spillages. Unlike the majority of powder concealers, this powder also has a fair amount of silver shimmer in it. It's best used in small amounts as its pretty pigmented and applied with a small blending or concealer brush. A great dupe I've found is the E.L.F Mineral Eye Brightener. Even though its classed as an eye brightener, you can still use this on redness and as an eyeshadow base. Like the bareminerals concealer, the E.L.F eye brightener is a loose powder is a standard plastic compact. The formula of the powder is a little thinner than bare minerals but it still contains a small amount of silver shimmer so its best used sparingly. I like to mix both products with moisturiser and use under the eye. The E.L.F eye brightener is a smaller size but its much cheaper than the bare minerals version. 

Another good dupe I like is for MAC satin taupe eyeshadow - swatched here. MAC shadow pans are £10 each which isn't super cheap. A cheaper option is Maybellines iced fudge eyeshadow. Both shades are a taupe brown, though maybellines is slightly darker. The big difference between these two is quality - MAC's version is superior in texture as the Maybelline one is quite powdery but pigmentation wise both shadows are good. For nails, a great dupe for MAC's impassioned nail polish is China Glaze make some noise. Both are a coral red with pink undertones. The china glaze shade looks darker in the bottle but on the nails they're a close match. I really rate both formula's as they're fairly long wearing and have a good consistency. China glaze polishes are around £4 online so much cheaper than MAC. 

Seeing as were on a MAC theme, I'll mention MAC's lipstick in shy girl. A dupe I've found is NYX pumpkin pie lipstick - you can see a dupe post and comparison on both lipsticks here. The NYX lipstick is more pink toned than shy girl but considering MAC lipsticks are now £15.50, NYX lipsticks are a far cheaper option. The formula of NYX lippies aren't as long wearing but they're comfortable to wear and don't dry out the lips, which is a huge plus!

Do you have any favourite dupes?




27 comments

  1. Ooh love this post, I can't really afford high end products for the most part so I'll check these out :) love the idea of mixing powder with moisturiser too!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYX pumpkin pie seems like a nice dupe! Thanks for sharing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dupe posts, I've got the elf mineral foundations and they work amazingly well. I wonder if they could be bareminerals dupes too?

    Jamie-Lee.
    Glitter Infatuation - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I'm going to be doing a series using drugstore makeup, so this will come in handy! Thank you :)

    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these side by side dupes. NYX Pumpkin Pie sounds perfect. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing dupes! Almost identical!

    www.chantellehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh good to know the MAC dupe, I swear by their nude shades but they keep raising their lippie prices!! Great post! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that lipstick mac .... I absolutely loved !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. The Mac Satin Taupe dupe looks spot on. :)


    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post , thanks for sharing Xx
    www.makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot about the Satin Taupe dupe and have been on the hunt for this single shadow!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love a good dupe! :) Another one I've found similar is Satin Taupe with the taupe in the Silent Treatment Trio. Both are amazingly pigmented, but have to agree that the drugstore equivalent is more powdery.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love posts like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great dupes! I need to get that maybelline eyeshadow :) x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the macs! :)
    Much love from http://devilreturnsprada.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love dupe posts! They make you feel extra money savvy for saving a few pennies here and there, I suppose it all adds up though!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love posts like these! Some good dupes x
    Emma
    Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great dupes, especially that MC/NYX one :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Bare Minerals concealer and after using the ELF one I just had to go back, it didn't work the same in my opinion, annoying as it's so much cheaper! That eyeshadow looks beautiful.

    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post! I recently bought something from ELF and the quality of their products are pretty good for the price I think! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post is perfect, I love your blog x

    www.missdaisylu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the lipstick and the nail polish. I sometimes go for the "dupe" version of products, but I also like to treat myself with some MAC lispticks once in a while :)

    xx Ceci // www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great dupes! Must check them out!

    http://shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yep, I think all beauty bloggers do love a good dupe! What's not to love about getting something similar for much less? Thanks for sharing. :)

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo