5 Blogger Frustrations...


Whilst I enjoy blogging and love getting to create content I'm passionate about, it does have its frustrating moments. I thought it would be interesting to share my top 5 frustrations as a blogger and see if anyone feels the same - I'm sure I'm not the only one that has these!

Not having enough time to do everything
Oh how I wish there were enough hours in the day to get through everything on my checklist. If you're a blogger you'll know its difficult to try and juggle earning a living with life and blogging. I guess if blogging is your career then its a little different but for the majority, blogging does usually end up taking a back seat to everything else. As a blogger, you're not just the writer - its editing, photography, emailing, networking and all that jazz. Sometimes its just not possible to keep on top of everything. 

Getting writers block
It happens to everyone and its one stumbling block that you just need to wait out until your ideas come flowing back. Personally I don't find coming up with ideas a problem but sometimes when you're staring at a blank page you're mind just goes completely fuzzy. 

Blurry pictures
There has been so many times I've had to retake  photographs due to my rubbish photo taking skills - they look fine on my cameras screen but once uploaded they look blurry as hell. As a perfectionist, its probably my ultimate annoyance. One day, I will learn how to use my camera properly!

The blogger platform
For most parts, I like using blogger - its easy to use, free and you can change your blog design fairly easily. That is until its starts playing up. I've noticed quite a lot recently that blogger doesn't like to co-operate at times. I've thought about changing to wordpress as I do like that it looks professional and having used it for clients, its not overly complicated to use. However, I will probably stick with blogger for the purpose of this blog but I have a feeling I will be using wordpress for other projects.

Not being valued
I could write a whole essay on bloggers not being valued but to cut to the chase, it does frustrate me that certain brands still see bloggers as an easy and free way to promote them. I'm not talking product reviews or the like but in terms of blogging competitions and wanting free coverage - whether its 'will you post about x on your blog, we have no budget but we can give your post a retweet' or 'I have some great content I think would be amazing to share on your site'. Luckily, I think a lot of brands are realising how valuable blogs can be in terms of covering their products but as a blogger (especially if you're new to blogging) its OK to say no.

What do you find frustrating about blogging?

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

22 comments

  1. I love this post, I find the blogger platform by far the most annoying! I would love to switch over to WordPress but it seems quite difficult and I'm scared of losing my work

    etcGabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great points made here, especially about us being undervalued. Really annoys me when people think blogging is so easy and don't realise the hours we put in! xx

    Laura | lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you about the blogger platform. I always think about switching to wordpress but there's is something about blogger that I like!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% with not having enough time and blurry photos, incredibly frustrating!! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these, they're all so true! Time is such an issue for me! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking today that their should be "blogger photography" evening classes! All I want to know is how to make photos of products look good haha

    Hannah
    x
    Banana Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about brands not appreciating bloggers, with the possible exception of bloggers like Zoella, who has such an enormous following that she created her own brand off the back of it. It's frustrating, because some companies seem to think that owning/running a blog is free, and your time is only worth a retweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain with blurry pictures, and of course I never realise when I'm taking them. Should of learnt by now!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you on the last one!! There have been a few companies with the nerve to tell me it's MY privilege to share about THEM? Ahem, no. Most good companies pay for advertising, not the other way round! Great list :)

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everything you wrote! I even find hard to use blogger sometimes cause I don't know how to change the design and templates so I stick with my original design. The problem with the pictures is huge. I usually end up taking 30 photos to just use one!
    mariasbeautifulworld.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photography is my main frustration when it takes to blogging, they don't seem to get how I want them to be and my camera is not that new to be fair. 5 common points of blogging that I experienced at least once.. great post. xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I literally got an email this morning that said "can you follow me?" with screenshots of their blog and instagram - definitely not the way to go about it. I have had companies approach me wanting me to advertise for them for free as well. They even go so far as to tell me they will write the post! Overall blogging is such a positive experience, though.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last one is spot on! I get a ton of emails from brands asking me to do blog posts for them....

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 3rd and 5th problems I find
    aswell! This post made me realise I'm not the only one who has the same fustrations!!

    - Jess xxx

    - heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with you on a lot of these, especially taking blurry photos and getting writers block. I just don't know what to write!

    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this. I find it difficult to know who to say no and yes to when it comes to working together with brands. In the beginning surely it's great exposure for your blog as well...I guess just trusting your business gut.
    www.lifestylingit.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. For me, one of the biggest frustrations is showing, i.e. doing the work, putting in the time, and the blog growing how you would like. I know there is no magic potion to get the stats to go up. Sometimes, I have to set aside my ego and remind myself, Im doing my blog because I'm passionate about what I'm writing about and its giving me a creative outlet that makes me proud.

    ReplyDelete
  18. blurry pictures are the most irritating! I also agree with not being valued and bloggers block xx


    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree! especially with blurry pictures, or pictures with high noise level that doesn't really show up on my camera screen but once I put it on my computer it's so obvious, it's really frustrating.

    Sophia // sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so with you on the blurry pictures. Its probably the thing that frustrates me the most.

    www.stephndstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This bloggers rut is the bane of my life. And it's not like I write 50 great posts and then have a bloggers' block, it's like I write two and bam ! I am so frustrated. I feel like I need a fresh start (all the time). It's depressing, really.

    Sana | A Girl's Fancies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo