Autumn/Winter Beauty


There are a fair few products I'm reaching for this season. At this time of year, I seem to go for more moisturising skincare products. The harsh weather and central heating really dries skin out so trying to retain moisture and put some back into my skin is one of my main beauty priorities. 
One area that gets really dry are my hands. I like to wear gloves outside, which does help but a good hand cream doesn't go amiss. I like the Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream* - my Mum swears by Nivea hand creams and I have a bit of an attachment to the Nivea brand as it was the first skincare line I ever used. This hand cream feels nourishing and hydrating without that greasy feeling. It soaks in pretty quickly too, which is exactly what a good hand cream should do. This cream is budget friendly too - I always usually go for a budget version as you can easily get hold of them from the Supermarket when you're doing the weekly shop. 

For legs, one of my all time must haves is the Nip & Fab Dry Leg Fix. I've been through a few tubes of this stuff and its brilliant for solving dry skin. I'd describe this as an instant fix as you can feel a difference straight away. It makes legs feel smooth, soft and moisturised. I read somewhere that Jennifer Aniston uses this cream (I have no idea if that's true) buts shes my leg inspiration - is that even a thing ha! It's a little bit more expensive than your average body lotion but its worth paying more for. The scent is also slightly overpowering and medicinal but considering the results its something to overlook.

I'm pretty sure that when it comes to dry skin, my feet are the area that needs a good beauty treatment. Feet tend to get overlooked as its not really an area you pay much attention to. My main foot cream is the Soap & Glory Heel Genius. I love the scent of this as its your general soap and glory scent - slightly floral but comforting. Whilst this cream is green and might look a bit off putting at first, its a really great hydrating foot cream. I usually apply this at night and leave it to work its magic but its not particularly greasy so you can always pop it on in the morning too. 


Two recent (ish) releases from The Body Shop include the White Musk Smoky Rose Eau De Toilette*. I had a bit of an obsession with white musk when I was a teen - I used to have a white musk spray I would use after PE (oh and impulse - who didn't?!). This version is a smoky rose flancor. This is described as a daring and mysterious fragrance with notes of musk, black smoky rose and tobacco flower. Fragrance is a personal thing but I would say that this is quite a seductive aroma. It is very smoky and you can detect the tobacco flower straight away. This wont be for anyone who doesn't like smoky scents but if warm musks are your thing then this is one to take a look at.

When it comes to body care, The Body Shop Body Sorbets have been a product I've been really interested in trying out. I've been lucky to test out the Moringa Body Sorbet*. The texture of these is really interesting - basically as it says on the name, it feels like a sorbet. When you apply it to the skin, it feels very light, soft and cooling but it takes a while to sink in. My skin feels extremely hydrated after use and smells really fruity fresh. The scent is basically a burst of summer sunshine, which is a nice feeling on a drab, winters day. Really lovely.


For skincare, the Aromatherapy Associates Hydrating Rose Radiance Skin Serum* has been my dry skin saviour. Whilst my skin is generally oily/combination, in Winter I suffer from dry skin patches so having a good moisturiser in my routine is a must. This serum is packed with plant oils, including evening primrose oil and jojoba oil to renew and replenish. Its light, soaks in super quickly and doesn't leave any oily residue. As the name suggests, its rose scented to leave a slight lingering scent on the skin. So far, my skin hasn't suffered with any dryness so this stuff has really been working its magic. Its the type of product that would work on any skin type as its light, gentle and has more of a creamy gel texture than an oil. Whilst its more expensive than a high street serum, it really does work and its worth the price tag (in my opinion). If you're looking for a lovely skin serum, then this is one to put on your list this Christmas!

Have you tried any of these products?

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

16 comments

  1. Love Nivea products I am always raving about them hehe . xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the soap and glory hand cream, I have yet to try their heel cream- think I might have to get on that! Great list!

    Mikayla :)
    www.thenorthernjoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the soap and glory heel cream! I do also like the sound of the leg cream xx

    Laura | lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the soap and glory foot cream- i might try the white musk smoky rose i love fresh scents like that xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sort of posts. Need to try some of these products x

    Pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Body Shop's White Mush EDT!

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the S&G heel Genius! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the Body Shop smells and I love their new green one. This heel cream is in a set I have asked for so soon I will be able to see what I think of it!

    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I definitely need to try the Dry Leg Fix as the moisture is sucked out of mine from shaving!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the soap and glory lotions!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Certainly going to pick up the Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream! I might try the Aromatherapy Associates Hydrating Rose Radiance Skin Serum too.

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dry Leg Fix sounds amazing, definitely something I'd like to try!

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I suffer from dry skin patches in the winter too so I'll have to check that out!

    Elma x || PetalGrrl

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need that dry hand fix!
    -oolalaxo
    oolalaxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Nivea hand cream is my fave :)

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo