Brow 101!


As someone with naturally sparse brows, I like to add a good product to make them look more styled and defined. I'm currently trying to grow them out to get a better shape but there are a few products I use to make them look better. 

To fill my brows in I use a brow powder - currently I use either the Beauty UK Brow Kit* or the Makeup Revolution Brow Kit*. Both of these are super cheap and really good products. In both of these kits, there are 3 matte powder shadows and a brow wax. To be honest, I don't really bother with a wax but I prefer to apply the powder with an angled brush. These kits have mini brushes which are fine for travelling but for everyday use, I prefer the Sigma Angled Brow Brush.

After applying colour, I use the RMK Brow Gel* - a clear gel which holds brows in place throughout the day. I really like the curved wand as it allows you to follow the natural curve of the brow. 
Another brow product I really rate is the Sleek Brow Stylist Pen, which is a wind up brow crayon with a waxy formula. I've heard this is meant to be a dupe of the Hourglass Brow Pen and its a hell of a lot cheaper too. I really like this pen as it has a crayon style texture - its soft, pigmented and as its waxy it helps to keep hairs in place too. It isn't the best for really sparse brows but for brows that need a little filling in and styling then this is almost a two in one product. 

What are your favourite brow products?

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

17 comments

  1. I always struggle to find brow gels that actually last. The curved want sounds really good, I love it when brands put extra thought into products! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am using Beauty UK Brow Kit myself and i couldn't be happier! Great price and brilliant product :)

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use any prodcuts on my brows but I have been after something just to make them look a little more filled in. Great post think I will try this as my first attempt xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Helps a lot♥ xo
    >Beauty & Fashion Blogger<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect palette!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to try the Sleek pen, and the same as you I have heard its a great Hourglass dupe.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about getting that brow kit but not sure whether the colours would be ok for me, anyway very good post! x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I normally do to my eyebrows is brush them haha! X
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot about the Makeup Revolution brow palette, I think I'll get it when my GOSH palette has run out. I like GOSH, but it's £9 and sounds like they do the same thing :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    Too Faced giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look really good! Might pick these up once I'm done with my current one!

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love to use powders to fill in my brows. I think it's so much quicker than using brow pomades (though I do love them). I tend to use the powders on days I'm in a hurry (usually work day).
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in need of brow products so this post has come in handy! Will be taking a trip to super drug soon! :)

    The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking to try the Makeup Revolution brow kit, looks great so think I'll pick it up next time I'm in Superdrug :-)
    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  14. i want to find a really good brow product, so thank you for this post! I love your photography too x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Beauty UK brow kit is actually really nice, I used to use the brown shade and the wax to do my brows and it worked perfectly. Plus it is super cheap! :) x

    FARFROMPERFECTIONXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how affordable these options are! I feel as though everyone is ranting and raving about products that cost a little too much for what they are - this proves there are incredible options available for a fraction of the price!

    Love this post!

    Em x emilybmarsh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo