Most Loved In October!


I'm not sure where this year has gone but its whizzed by. Does anyone else feel that time goes quicker as they get older? Though I'm looking forward to my birthday this month and also getting ready for Christmas! I've found a few beauty gems in the past month - some already have their own post and some are on my check list of things to write about. However, I wanted to give a mention to a few products that have made an impact in the past few weeks.

I've used a few Claudia Louch products and I've been impressed with all of them. Theres not many brands you can truly say that about but they are pretty special. The Botanical Cleansing Lotion* has been my go to cleanser this month. I don't use cleansers for removing my makeup as I prefer to use baby lotion (cheap as chips) or a micellar water and then follow up with a cleanser to make sure any residue is removed. The Claudia Louch Cleansing Lotion is a creamy mild foaming cleanser. I know foaming cleansers are meant to be on the drying side but personally I haven't noticed any dryness with this one. I'm not sure if thats because its only slightly foaming - I mix this cleanser with a tiny bit of water and splash over my face as I find its more refreshing when used in that way. This cleanser is paraben, SLS and fragrance free with aloe, chamomile and green tea, so its very gentle and soothing too.
Another skincare product I've been using consistently is The Body Shop Argan Oil Body Butter* (reviewed in more detail here). This moisturiser is incredibly hydrating and soothing to prevent dry skin. It keeps my skin feeling smooth and soft with a light, gorgeous scent. Lovely.

On the make up front, one of my all time favourite budget buys is the NYX Blush in taupe. I use this for contouring and bronzing as its cool toned and compliments my pale skin. You can see it swatched here but I really recommend it for pale girls looking for a nice bronze or contour powder shade. Speaking of an amazing makeup buy - I'm really enjoying using the Wild About Beauty Lipstick in maddy - a glossy nude beige. Wild About Beauty seems to go under the radar and this is the first item I've tried from them but I really do love this lipstick. It comfortable to wear, lightweight and infused with argan oil and mango butter to keep lips moisturised. If you're looking for a nice nude lipstick then definitely check this out.
Last but not least is the Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Candle* - a calming frankincense and cardamon to relax housed in a glass jar with the AA logo. It has a burning time of 40 hours and is made with soy wax and unbleached cotton wick. Really lovely.

What have you been loving this month?

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

16 comments

  1. The lipstick is a gorgeous shade. I need to get my hands on an AA candle, they sound lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely favourites post :) I've been longing for that nyx blush for SO long, The Body Shop body butters are also divine - i've not tried the Argan oil one but I love the coconut one! Loving your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The argan oil body butter is really tempting, but I haven't sprung for it yet! Nice picks!

    Beauty Loon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, that NYX blush makes an amazing contour shade! I've never seen Wild About Beauty before! I'll have to check them out :)
    Loves! Kirstie @ Kimamely Beauty (kimamely.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the NYX Taupe Blush but its always out of stock :(
    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely favorites! I know the NYX blush in Taupe is something I've wanted to try as a contour shade for ages as most others are quite warm toned and I have very cool toned skin. The Body Shop Argan Oil Body Butter sounds divine, they're always super moisturising and this one sounds like no exception!

    Miss Beauty Saver / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely picks! I love Nyx products and I have a few of their blushes! Really good value! ♥

    EMILYLDN.BLOGSPOT.COM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been debating on getting the NYX blush in taupe, it seems gorgeous but I wonder if it got any shimmer in them?

    Sophia // sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the NYX taupe blush, I'm pale and it's the perfect shade for me :)

    http://thatlipsticklifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love NYX Taupe, was in my Most Loved too!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nyx shade seems like a perfect shade for contouring like you said. I love a bit of contouring and I have yet to try out nyx products so this is definitley on the radar.

    Great products~ have a great day! ♥

    *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Body Shop Argan Oil range :) I'll have to check out Wild About Beauty xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love NYX products, so cheap and cheerful x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. The NYX Taupe blush is one that Ive had my eye on for awhile and I can't believe I haven't gotten it yet. I feel like that would be so perfect for fair girls like me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard a lot about the new Argan line from the Body Shop...I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would like to try the NYX blush in taupe!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo