The £6 Eyeshadow Palette You Need...


Makeup palettes are definitely my thing. After spying Makeup Academy's latest release - the Elysium Eyeshadow palette it was a must have purchase, especially at just £6. 


The Elysium palette contains 10 shadows and a duo eyeliner/highlighter. I don't own the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette but this one looks like it might be similar in terms of containing rose based and neutral shades. I have to say that I'm impressed with the quality of the shadows, especially for the price. Every one feels smooth, soft and pigmented. The Duo liners are also creamy and pigmented too. 


From left to right:

Air - matte cream 

Cherub - pearl shimmer rose gold

Charm - matte dusky beige pink 




From left to right:

Refine - matte medium rose toned beige

Enhance - pearl medium brown 

Adore - black/brown base with multi shimmer


From left to right:

Astral - pearl rose

Grace - pearl brown

Smoke - matte black

Seraphic - pearl copper/gold


black liner

nude liner (highlight)

Overall, there are some gorgeous shades in this palette - my favourites are charm, enhance, grace and seraphic, which all perform brilliantly, The matte black shade smoke impressed me as its highly pigmented and not too dry - I find a lot of matte blacks can feel chalky. The only shade thats not as great is adore as its slightly drier than the other shades.
I'm also really surprised by the liners - I expected them to be so-so but they're both really nice and its great to find both a black for a smokier eye and a nude for brightening. MUA seem to have gone under the radar recently due to Makeup Revolution taking off in the beauty world. However, I really recommend this palette. Its such a great budget buy and would make a nice little stocking filler for Xmas! You can purchase it from the MUA store here or Superdrug online here with free delivery on orders of £10 and over.

Have you tried any MUA palettes?

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

27 comments

  1. This looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's very beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mua products and have a few of their palettes but this one looks as if it could be my favourite! x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a beautiful palette! The shades certainly seem to have those lovely UD Naked 3 style rose gold hues and the palette design reminds me a lot of the MUA Artiste palette. For £6, it's a total steal and I think that all makeup is 3-4-2 in Superdrug at the moment too!

    Miss Beauty Saver / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shades! I have this palette but in different shades x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shades look really similar to the Naked 3 ones and the pigmentation seems lovely. A true bargain!

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this palette looks awesome!

    Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good spot! I was looking at the Urban Decay pallets yesterday, glad I held off purchasing, may give this a go! Thanks. www.takingthenicki.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this, it's really nice and surprising that the eyeliners are decent too. I love the rose-based shades, I will certainly look for this. :)

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely! It's true that MUR seem to have overtaken the whole make up world but we need to remember MUA too and this looks like a brilliant choice!
    x Julia | Wing me a dream

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep waiting for this to appear in my local Superdrug but no luck so far! xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought this the other day but I haven;t even opened it yet , I also got a few lipsticks and nail polish. I tried the nail polish it was a bit thick and clumpy butt it stayed on for a few days I didn;t expect much for £1 though xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried the Heaven & Earth palette which is amazing but this one is pretty amazing too. I really love the shades x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually just bought this on Friday as I only had a small going away bag and needed to streamline my normal makeup. Oh my gosh though, I'm so glad I did! The shades are perfection and it's just perfect for slipping in your handbag if you need to top up!

    I just got one to put in my best friends Christmas too because, yeah! It's amazing!

    Amazing post as per :)

    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous palette! And I'm so impressed with the quality of the pen and highlighter, definitely worth the £6!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah what a gorgeous palette, and such a bargain at just £6! Looks like a great naked 3 dupe :-)
    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard a lot of bloggers say they like the MUA palettes, I need one now too :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks wonderful, I'm a sucker for a bargain eyeshadow palette. I know I'm going to end up buying this... x

    missalicered.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like great colors!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Couldn't agree more, for this price I don't see how it can't be part of anyones collection!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colours in this palette

    Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have Naked 3 and the colours are very similar. Such a good bargain!

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Might have to pick this up for my little sister at Christmas! I often do her makeup and she now loves eyeshadow as much as I do!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I havent tried and i love the sheer ones but I dont think they are available in Greece,,,
    xx

    http://debsbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks like a fab palette and what a bargin at £6! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need to get this palette! I love the colours included. I live by these colours so this palette looks great xx

    http://ktbeauty96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is a stunning palette! I have a couple of palettes from MUA and they're great quality!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo