The Body Shop Argan Oil Range Review


I've used a fair few products from the Body Shop over the years but I think the argan oil range might just be one of my favourites. The argan oil range is a recent addition to The Body Shop and I've been trying out a few of the products.

Starting with my most used product - the argan oil body butter* I'm actually quite surprised by how much I like this. I do like The Body Shop body butters in general but I tend to favour the boots extract range of butters over them. However, the argan oil one not only has a great scent but it soaks in super quickly leaving your skin incredibly moisturised and soft. The big plus point for me is that it doesn't feel greasy, despite having a creamy texture. It really is truly lovely!

For extra softness, I've been using the body butter after showering with the argan oil body scrub* - 
now this has a jelly texture rather than being creamy but as the beads are very small, it doesn't feel gritty. I like to use this over areas, such as knees and elbows where dry skin tends to gather. It does do a good job of smoothing the skin without feeling harsh and has the same gorgeous scent as the body butter. As I tend to prefer showers, I usually leave baths for when I want some little relaxation. I've been adding the argan oil bubbling bath* to create a nice aroma and lots of bubbles. On the bubble front, they to tend to disperse after a short while. I find a lot of bubble bath products do that - I don't know if I've just not been looking in the right places but I like tonnes of bubbles!On the other hand, the argan oil bubble bath makes my skin feel silky smooth. The scent doesn't really linger for too long but I tend to use the body butter afterwards anyway.

Finally, I've been giving the argan oil solid oil lip balm* a whirl. Pot lip balms aren't my ultimate favourite as they're not hygienic or practical for carrying around with you. This balm does feel slightly oily on the lips but it makes them feel softer. It smells (and tastes) delicious but I would prefer it in stick form as its just so much more practical.

Skip: bubbling bath
Must have: body butter and body scrub


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

15 comments

  1. I love that scrub!


    Great vid!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbweqSUqlJE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this products Argan is very populair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been all that thrilled with The Body Shop products. There has only been a very few that I have liked, one of which is discontinued and one they reformulated :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shower gel is heaven so I'd love to try the rest of the range :)

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning range of products!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds amazing. i have been on the search for a new body skin care for the winter and i might just give those a whirl.

    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you've not already you need to try the Lush Bubble Bars - SO MANY BUBBLES that pile up haha you will love them :) great review I've been thinking about these for a while but wasn't sure, so might go for the Argan one next time I get a Body Butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing bet it makes your skin feel so nice xx


    Laura | lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just bought the Argan oil body butter which smells amazing! Love oil based products as they really feel like your skin soaks up the moisture.

    Lovely post!

    butshewearsatwelve.com

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love argan oil body butter (aside: Google autocorrected that to "organ" butter lol). I discovered it when I picked up some Josie Maran stuff on a whim, and fell in love. It smells like a citrus/raspberry tart. Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven;t tried the Argan Oil body butter but I've smelled it and it is delicious. I have tried the Honeymania one though and it is exactly as you described. I think all The Body Shop body butters are amazing. I bought the Argan Oil lip butter for my husband who has very dry lips and he loves it.
    mariasbeautifulworld.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love The Body Shop, although I have to drive a fair way to get to a store! Haven't tried the Argan Oil yet but next time I go I will have a good look.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scrub and the lip oil are what appealed to me the most, so I'm glad to hear one of them is worthwhile.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love The Body Shop body butters I have to pick this up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo