Using An Editorial Calendar


Whilst its not essential, I like to use an editorial calendar to plan my blog content. Obviously, only you can decide whether an editorial calendar will work for you but if you're looking to use one then the following may help.

Where can I get an editorial calender from?
I use a rifle paper co weekly planner and I've seen similar ones pretty cheap in B&M. If you're not looking to purchase one then you're in luck as there are many free ones on the internet. Here are three free ones to choose from:




What does an editorial calendar do?
Don't be afraid of the name 'editorial'. An editorial calendar is a way to plan and organise your blog content each week/month. You can also use it to keep track of your social media too.

How do I use it?
In an editorial calendar, you'll have spaces for each day - much like a diary or calendar. In these spaces, you can add notes on your blog content and use them as a to do list. For instance, in my editorial calendar, I'll make a note of which posts are going to be published on that day. What you decide to write on your editorial calendar is down to you but you could also include aspects, such as tweets to write, photos to take, emails to send etc. 

Why should I use one?
It depends on what you want to do but I personally use one to keep track of my content, to stay organised, to help to come up with content ideas and to stay motivated. 

Extending your editorial calendar. 
If you want to go beyond your blog content, you could include blog events, guest posts, planning stages and blog series.

Creating an editorial calendar is a really easy process - much more than you think!It can help keep on track with your blog and keep the blog process fun. Do you use an editorial calendar?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

7 comments

  1. Thanks for the freebie links! I currently use Google calendar as an editorial calendar. I like that I can easily delete/rearrange items if needed, plus it's free!

    Jenny
    From the Desk of J

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea , I just carry around a little notebook xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently been trying really hard to stay organized with my blog and I think what has really helped has been keeping a schedule! Editorial calendars should be a bloggers best friend!

    Mikayla :)
    www.thenorthernjoli.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a helpful post. I struggle with organising my time to write my blog posts and I'm always dreading getting bloggers block x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made my life so much easier when I started using one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decided to create my own for my blog. I post every day if I can so hopefully it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I have a planner for my blog but it's not an editorial! This is a great way to keep track of everything! Thanks :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo