5 Lipsticks For Pale Skin


When you're as pale as me (think uber pale, whiter than a milk bottle, like a vampire etc etc) its difficult to find shades that don't completely wash you out or make you look too orange. Luckily, when it comes to lip products there are many shades that really compliment fair skinned ladies. 
My favourite lip products for pale skin are all products I've mentioned on here before but they're all good'uns and definitely deserve another mention.

Possibly my favourite lipstick ever is the Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in 110. I think these are priced around a fiver but I see them on offer on ASOS a lot and they're definitely worth checking out. Even though this is a matte formula, it still has a little bit of a sheen to it so its really flattering. Despite being a coral red shade, its not too 'inyourface' bright either. You can see it swatched here.

For luxurious packaging then YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks take the crown hands down. The formula is great too - I have pink in confidence, which is swatched here. This is a soft pink with a glossy finish and slight mango scent. The lasting power isn't that great but I love this shade as it looks great with smokey makeup or even if you're not wearing much makeup. It feels really comfortable to wear though and is one of my most worn lippies.

I havent heard too much about Clinique Soft Matte Lipsticks apart from when they first launched, however I love the shade matte mandarin - swatched here. Despite this being a fairly bright orange toned red, it feels really comfortable to wear and is a really lovely lipstick. It's fairly long wearing and the silver packaging looks really sleek too.

One of my favourite nude lipsticks is MAC's Hug Me - swatched here. This is such a lovely nude shade for pale skintones. Some nude lipsticks can make pale skin tones look washed out but as this has a slight pink undertones to it, its very flattering. Finally, I love Maybelline's colors elixir in breathtaking apricot - a warm toned pink. The formula is glossy,comfortable to wear and feels hydrating. I purchased this shade from ebay so I think it may be a US shade. 

What are your favourite lip shades?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

38 comments

  1. That MAC nude looks like it might be perfect for my skintone - will have to swatch at some point! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Maybelline one looks amazing! The colour looks so flattering, I'm also paler than a ghost!

    Mikayla :)
    www.thenorthernjoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mac's and Maybelline's swatches. Super pretty :) x

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these selections. It looks like I have a similar coloring, and I've really been enjoying MAC Rebel and Kat Von D Adora as my brighter shades, and MAC Twig and Lime Crime Cashmere as my more muted choices. I was in the store yesterday and so tempted to buy a YSL product because of the beautiful packaging, but I had no idea which color to purchase! I'll use your recommendation next time I have some spare money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That MAC shade looks gorgeous! I'm also very very pale, and my personal favourites are NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella and MAC Creme Cup :)

    alittlesoapbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is helpful, my favourite had to be the Mac lipstick x

    Blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post. Like you I am also super pale and I'm on the look out for a new lipstick at the moment. Loving the look of MAC Hug me xx

    http://ktbeauty96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rimmel 110 is one of my favourites too. The colour, longevity and price are just top notch!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour of that mac lipstick, I need to get me some of that!

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to check out the nudes as I always struggle to find ones that suit!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol!! Like a vampire! Hahaha!

    I love Pink in Confidence, it's my go to in the Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MAC's Hug Me is just screaming out to me. I LOVE nude shades <3 X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. The YSL one you've got looks so pretty! I've been wearing Rimmel's Moisture Renew No. 130 Oxford Street Fuschia nonstop recently. Mostly because I love how creamy it is but the pink color is kind of nice and cheery to wear when it's dark and cloudy out. Ha ha!
    :) Alice
    www.alicemanfrida.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Mac & YSL shades x

    Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hug me looks amazing! I love this post, im a fellow pale girl and also lip addict lol. I have been loving MAC's Patisserie and Peach Blossom recently and Rimmels provocalips in kiss me you fool.
    Rachill // http://sweetsomethingsnz.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning !
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. All these are such pretty shades. I desperately want to try one from YSL, I'm thinking in the new year! :) x

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks have been on my wishlist for so long I must add one to my list for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am super pale unless I mousse myself up with fake tan and I also really love M.A.C Snob is lovely on paler skin and Dragonberry's Pretty in Pink is also really nice.
    Great post!!

    http://thebeautybabbler.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. hug me looks like a gorgeous nude shade ! i own mac myth but i really should think about investing in another nude shade x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! I find it difficult sometimes to find lipsticks that goes with my super pale skin, but these seems great! I think I need to try the one from YSL :)

    http://saandraslife.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
  22. Being pale can be a nightmare! I always look so washed out on other peoples photos :( perhaps these will help! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this post! Need to try the Maybelline Elixir glosses they look so lovely :) & I'm obsessed with that red lipstick form Rimmel it's my go-to red! Can't believe how amazing the formula is considering it's so affordable.

    Kat x
    KatHorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Right now my go-to shades are Dior's Diablotine and Bellissima, and Smashbox's Infrared Matte :) I have a Kate Moss lipstick too, but in pale pink. I agree that their formula is so comfy to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo that MAC lipstick looks lovely! x

    FARFROMPERFECTIONXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the look of the MAC one , thank you for covering the ghost look hehe . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. The YSL lippie looks gorgeous. I have fair skin so this post was great!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  28. These all look stunning. I have MAC hug me on my wishlist!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great choices, I struggle with finding a lip colour I like, at the minute I'm liking MAC's Pure Zen with Revlon's Bellini lipgloss on top :) xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Kate Moss 110, I am darker skinned so i tend to wear it in the summer. I wear Kate Moss 107 a lot in the winter months.

    GreyWalls 

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like the idea of opting for more orange and neutral shades, rather than going for pinks, reds or purples. Definitely think these shades are more flattering on us pale gals.

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Maybelline Elixir looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have exactly the same problem as you - I'm as pale as you could possibly be! Finding a nice nude colour is so difficult xx

    www.vanillabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Clinique shade is beautiful!

    xx
    Ana Leote | Meet Me @ 2 am

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post! The YSL lippies are just deluxe, love the one shade I have!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm super super pale too so these sound perfect for me! Love the look of the MAC shade

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  37. Want them all!
    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. All these colours look really good! I really want to get a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick and now after reading this I will go for the shade you suggested. Thanks!
    Bridget xx
    http://westcoasttstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo