My Blogging Goals For 2015...


Okay, so were not quite at the end of the year but I've been thinking a lot about goals recently. Personally, I rarely make new years resolutions as I don't really see the point. You really don't need a new year to make changes - you can start whenever you wish. However, I've recently been considering making a few blogging goals. It's not something I've ever done before but these are quite personal to me and not trying to get x amount of views or x amount of subscribers. 

1. Up my photography game
I've really not been happy with my photography as of late. There's been many times recently that I've deleted hundreds of pictures because the quality has been crap. I've just purchased a light box so we'll see if that helps and I'm going to read the book I bought years ago on how to use my camera. 

2. Comment on more blogs/use twitter
I'm really going to start commenting on more blog posts, including responding to comments on here too. I've found it difficult to juggle my time in the past few weeks so I need to get my ass in gear and really make time to do it. I'm going to try and use twitter more too - I'm rubbish at social media and to be truthful, I probably wouldn't have a twitter account if I didn't blog but I think its a good way to interact with new people.

3. Film a video
Even though I've told myself many times that I wont go down the vlogging route, I am considering making a video really just to prove to myself that I can do it and get over my fear of putting it online. It's easy to type out words and sit behind your computer but exposing yourself a bit more is quite scary so I feel I should just have a go for that reason. I have no aspirations to be Zoella but I think it sometimes nice to see the person behind the blog and get to know them a bit more!

4. Give more consideration to features
I'm incredibly lucky to receive a few beauty products for review but in 2015 I'd like to take it a little more back to basics. I didn't start this blog to gain freebies and I do turn things down if its something I would never consider buying myself in a million years but sometimes I feel restricted when I have pr samples to review. I'd like to put more thought into what I'm posting and hopefully be a little bit more creative. 

5. Get to grips with consistency
I used to be really good at this but it seems to have just fallen out of the window. I've completely lost track of schedules and the like so I'd really like to be more organised and keep up with regular posting as I do enjoy posting daily. 

6. Work on a new project
I'm sort of in the middle of this at the moment as I've been wanting to create something where I feel theres a gap in the market. I'll explain everything soon if anybody is interested - you might all think its crap ha. 

7. Tackle more new ideas/visuals
I really want to get to grips with photo editing. Right now I only use the basics but after spying some fantastic visuals on pinterest its really made me want to up my whole game. 

8. Go to a blogger meetup
I would love to go to a blogger meetup. I'm naturally very shy so meeting new people is a bit of a challenge. However, it would be awesome to meet others who share a similar passion for beauty.


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

32 comments

  1. I was just comprising a similar list! Photography is definitely on my top 3. I envy bloggers who have a keen eye, I just cannot seem to produce beautiful pictures. But I'm hoping to perfect the art, no matter how long it takes. Good luck with your list!

    http://adoseofjo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of these are wonderful goals. I'm right up there with consistency thing, it one of my goals to continue to improve on. Of all the things I've read about blogging is that the biggest thing is just showing up. And it truly can be the hardest part of the whole thing. You've inspired me and I will be writing down and sharing some of my goals in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these resolutions/goals! I'm a fairly new blogger and I'd like to up my "blogging game" as well! Might just have to borrow some of these ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great goals, and I wanna follow every single one of them. I'm trying to comment on more blogs too as I know how nice it is to receive comments so I wanna be able to give the same back. I wish you lots of luck and hope you achieve your goals xx

    Kate | kateemmaloves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals! You've inspired me to make a list :)
    Xo Aubrie

    My Bloglovin Profile

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with a lot of these resolutions too! I'm really making more of an effort to comment on other blogs :) I'd love to go to a blogger meet up too xx
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea - I feel inspired by you and I must do the same! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it'll be interesting to see the project you're working on as I'm sure we'll love it. I shall hopefully be investing in a new camera within the next month so hopefully I can continue to make videos that are a whole lot better :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. I have a wee goal planner for my blog too. Since graduating this Summer I am trying to focus on my blog at any spare moment that I have. Replying to comments and Tweeting is my main focus on getting my blog out there more.

    Georgie
    xoxo

    www.thelipstickdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great goals :-) think I am going to stick by some of them to! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do all of these!
    I also am not happy with my photog skills... I need to sit down and actually read my manual and learn how to use my lighting equipment properly. I get frustrated with photographs very easily!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  12. alot of my goals are so similar. photography is definitely a biggie.

    bonitarochelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely have 1, 2 & 8 as my goals. With blogger meetups there just doesn't seem to be any young bloggers where I live they're all Mum's in their 30s at least, I'm sure I would have a good time if I went to one though. xx

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can definitely agree with a couple of these goals/resolutions. I too have issues with consistency, and have been upping my photography game but working on the editing skills. Also want to network more but I'm super shy so it isn't as easy as I'd like to go up to people and start talking with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these!
    Especially the twitter one, I don't even have a twitter account for my blog... I know I should but once it's on twitter then people I know can find it and it's awkward to tell people you've been blogging... Right? Or is that just me!

    May | www.dropsofbrandy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are pretty much my goals too.. I've been thinking about it for a while but not put anything down on paper. I'm quite new to blogging and could do with having a goals list.. Anyways.. Great post. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great goals for 2015! I really like the idea of putting it in black and white what you want to achieve next year and then being able to mark your progress along the way. i also really want to up my photography game for 2015 - think this is a very important part of the whole blogging scene now! :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not gonna lie, these are pretty much the exact same as what I'm looking to do to take my blog up a notch!!

    Anume xx

    noomiiesworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are some great goals! I, for one, would like to see you do a video, always like to watch a video from a blog I enjoy reading. I'm intrigued by what your new project is too, so please explain soon :)
    A xx

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was thinking about what I'd like to do with my blog down the line and made a little list, we have almost the exact same goals in mind! Look forward to seeing what you're up to over 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some of your goals, are also my blogging goals. I am bit new in this world of blogging and i constantly want to get my post better and pleasant for my readers and give them honest opinions and thoughts. I also want to be better at photography, learn more about how to create the effects that I want and love and project what I see in my mind into the actual photo.
    Lots of love,
    Andreea

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your goals are the same as mine!! I'd love to go to a blogger meet up too, I find it really hard to introduce myself to new people and make friends so thats something I want to do in 2015 too :) great post!

    Joksie // WEAREMONOCHROME

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great goals! :D Pretty similar to mine :') I am terrible with consistency, I usually write a bit but never get around to finishing my posts. I think I'll be using these are my 2015 blogging guidlines!

    -Amber x
    http://theambiismiley.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've got some great goals. I really want to work on my photos too and get me schedule sorted xo

    http://lifebeautyandem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are great blogging goals to have - they're fairly similar to mine - well, maybe except an out and out video of me! Good luck with the schedules and your other resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are just like mine esp #1! I personally think that my photos are my blogs weaknesses, so I should give more effort to improve it.

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good luck! I'm sure you can achieve all of these! :) I have similar goals to you as well but I'm not sure if I can achieve them. ><

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome! Mine are to get a youtube channel , connect with more bloggers, collaborate and comment more.... Best to you!!

    Valerie www.mapleleopard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a great idea! I know a few blogger friends who are already thinking about how they're going to change up their blogging game for 2015, and I haven't even thought about it. I'd really like to sit down and think about it because I do feel like I need to rethink what's going on.

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are some great goals, I need to think about setting myself some new ones for 2015 after I have updated the goals that I set myself this year. Good luck in acheiving everything you set out to do

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for sharing. I love planning and goal making (sounds a bit weird I guess haha), and just like you, I think you can start making changes anytime you feel like (for me it's my birthday most times). My main goals with my blog this next year is consistency and connecting with other bloggers with similar content (in spanish). Good luck and best wishes!

    Dinel

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hope you accomplish all of them :) Can´t wait to read more of your posts. I find them really helpful :) BlogByEmDe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo