10 Awesome Resources For Improving Your Blog Design


The start of a new year sees a lot of bloggers wanting to make changes to their blog. There are several ways to improve your blog design. You could hire a blog designer to create blog design for you (I sell a few basic templates on Etsy shameless plug!), however if you're on a tight budget then Google is your best friend. To save you searching through endless articles, I've collated a few resources that are extremely helpful. You can also view my own html tips pages by clicking here


How to add a line behind post title, date or text in blogger - XOMisse
I managed to do this on my sidebar and I think it just adds a little something!

12 creative ways you can improve your blog design - Stacey Corrin  
Really helpful if you use wordpress

Graphic design 101 - The Wetherills Say I Do
Advice on fonts, programmes and other design aspects

17 Picmonkey tutorials, tips & projects - Rain on a Tin Roof 
Some great tips for using Picmonkey (a free editing program for headers and blogs ads etc)

How to add a signature to your blog posts - I Can Build A Blog
Great for making your blog a little more personal

12 must have design tips - The Sits Girls
links to some good resources including printouts

5 awesome places to learn to code online - A Little Opulent
links to some great websites for learning online coding

10 hacks for non techy bloggers - Life, set sail
Great post with some useful html tips

11 free hand drawn fonts - AngieSandy
Really pretty fonts to use on blog headers

Free blog branding kit - Kate Stevens
Just click on the image to download this free pretty kit with social media icons, elements and pattern


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

27 comments

  1. Thank you xx

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/2015/01/loreal-paris-color-infallible-lipstick.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a helpful and thoughtful post! i enjoyed reading it xx

    www.chelseaabbott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so useful! I've always wanted to know how to add the line behind the title!
    Thank you so much for creating this post :)
    Becki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this post!! Very informative and I like your dedication towards helping other bloggers. Thank you very much, some of these were fantastic! (I use Wordpress so not all were helpful for my own blog but awesome overall!)

    x Julia | Wing me a dream

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really useful for a blog newbie like myself! Thank you :)

    sophiecliff.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks this is so useful! I have pinned it for later :) x

    http://littlemisslifestyle271.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was very helpful, thank you!! I need some more practice on coding.


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com/2015/01/my-january-birchbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So helpful! Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great tips & I will be working my way through all the links & making notes
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharing resources like this is so helpful to newer bloggers who have no clue about HTML!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life Set Sail's post was one of my favourites in a long time!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I am learning so much from your Blog and although I am new and not very good at the Blog thing, I am loving sharing my thoughts and being creative.
    Angela Benson xo
    www.angelsrosebenson.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot for the mention, it's really appreciated. Excellent resource right there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very helpful post!! I am already thinking about making some changes to my blog.

    Gab | thebeautybabbler

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great resources! It was definitely a huge learning curve starting a Wordpress blog and coding still baffles me! I find it a fun challenge and will definitely be bookmarking this for reference! :)

    Kat x
    KatHorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, it's going to help me a lot!

    http://sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk/

    sophielfarrell

    ReplyDelete
  18. so useful, thanks for sharing!!

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for this post, it will really help me out when I get a little stuck (always) ;-)

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin' | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for putting this together! Every tip is helpful! :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome post! thank you so much! :)
    www.gorgeousandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes this is what I've been searching for!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  23. gonna go check them all! x
    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. how did you add the lines to the sidebar? can you tell me what to search for in edit HTML?

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is such an amazing post! thank you so much :)

    Bethan | Thought from Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is perfect! Thanks so much for the tips! X

    Chilled summer evening look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo