5 Budget Makeup Buys You Need...


Budget buys are my favourite type of beauty purchase. When you find a wonderful product that doesn't cost the earth, I do a little fist pump (well, not really but its pretty exciting!).

I recently purchased the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in nudist. This is a great lip pencil for achieving glossy lips. It's really comfortable to wear and is a beautiful nude shade. It makes lips look slightly plumper but the downside is it doesn't last as long as other lip formulas. However, for a sheer wash of colour its lovely and its affordable too. If you're a fan of the nude lip trend, its one to investigate. Soap & Glory have some awesome products and I'm also loving the Supercat Eyeliner. I still feel like a noob when it comes to eyeliner. I haven't mastered the cat flick yet but this liner makes it so much easier. I always thought liner pens were harder to control but this one is highly pigmented so you don't need to press hard on the lid. It's also really easy to get into the corners of the eye too as the nib is very fine. This is only £6 too!

I'm sure Boots is on the list of most beauty lovers favourite places to shop. I love having a nosey at the stands to see what I can find. A while back, I purchased the No7 shade and define shadow pencil in glistening ray and cool mink - you can see swatches in this post. I love these as they're quick and easy to use if you want a wash of colour over the lids. Over a primer, they last most of the day without creasing and they're much cheaper than the hourglass shadow pencils.

For my base, I love applying the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in extra fair. I've gone through a few tubes of this stuff and its become my perfect under eye concealer - it covers dark circles, brightens and lasts all day without creasing or fading. You could also use it on spots and imperfections but I normally opt for the collection lasting perfection concealer as its thicker and has slightly more coverage. 

Sleek are a brand that need no introduction. I recently purchased the face contour kit. Contouring is going to be huge in the beauty world this year. This kit has a bronzer and highlighter. I have the light set for pale skin. The bronzer is pretty dark for pale skin but with a light hand and a gentle sweep its perfect to use. The highlighter is beautiful - a light champagne shade. Obviously as this is shimmery, I'm not sure how great it would be for contouring purposes but I like to pop a bit over my cheeks and it adds a gorgeous glowy sheen. For £6.49, its a nice little kit for adding a little warmth or glow to your complexion.

Have you tried any of these products?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

33 comments

  1. I keep meaning to try the Supercat liner! I definitely need to pick it up soon. I've always loved the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker range.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great items I really want to try some of the Soap and Glory products they sounds amazing. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much love all these products, I think the Supercat liner has to be my favourite eyeliner, it's so easy to use!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Seventeen Stay Time Foundation but never tried the concealer, i will be ordering it asap! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the contouring kit, its easy to go overboard with it tho!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, I absolutely must grab the contour kit. I love the sleek look.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to adore the S&G lip gloss, no idea now why I stopped using it!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the No7 shadow pencil, I tried it a little while back and really liked it but I didn't repurchase it until a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will definitely try the gloss!!

    http://simpleplaintruth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had those No 7 eyeshadow sticks on my list for a while so think I will have to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post - you can't beat a budget buy! I really want to try the Soap & Glory eyeliner now as I'm a complete noob with eyeliner too so hopefully this will make the process a whole lot easier (and is a bargain!)

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been meaning to try the Sleek contour kit for a while now! Feel like I'm the only person who hasn't tried it yet!
    KKKIRANXOXO: Beauty Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely need to try out the soap and glory super liner! Great post :)

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many good things about those two Soap & Glory things, I really need to try their makeup as I love their body stuff :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  16. I desperately need to try the gloss stick, I've heard so many people rave about it! Especially in nudist! Great post Zoe :) xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Supercat Eyeliner - it's so fool proof and such a bargain.
    I've not tried any Sleek products yet and for the life of me I don't know why - the contour kit looks beautiful!

    theprettybeatniks.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love three of them ! Two more to try =) Thanks for the recommendation !

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. These seem amazing and the contour kit has been my absolutely fave as it is is just so perfect to contour with.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  20. The No7 pencils look beautiful. I love a good shadow pencil! x

    www.livinginmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sleek Contour Kit is one of my holy grail products. S&G do some amazing make up products x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have always wanted to try the sleek contouring kit!! Sounds like such a handy thing to have all in that little compact :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've definitely persuaded me to buy Soap & Glory Supercat a eyeliner is not my strong point! Also, I recently bought the sleek contour kit too and have been loving it, especially the highlighter! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the No7 Shadow Pencil, I use mine quite a lot...Which I was surprised at to be honest!

    http://lifebeautyandem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Sleek Contour Kit as well, such a great product! :)

    TanjaWhatsername

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Stay Time concealer too <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the gloss stick. I have 3! X
    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really need to try the Sleek Contour Kit because I am all about bronzing and contouring haha.
    Thank you for sharing this, love <3

    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I use the Supercat liner, and I love it! I also have the Sleek contour kit, its such great value :)
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't have that version of it but I love the trio Sleek contour kit -it's absolutely amazing :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've been wanting to try the Supercat liner for some time now but I have too many eyeliners I have to go through before I even consider buying a new one - haha! x

    FARFROMPERFECTIONXO

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great suggestions. I still only have 1 product by Sleek and keep seeing more and more things that I want; the contour palette is one of them. I think this post might have given me the shove I need, especially as I've almost run out of bronzer! Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo