5 Ways To Up Your Blogging Game


If 2015 is the year that you're planning to try and push to improve your blogging game then I have a few ways to share in which you can do that. These are obviously my suggestions and as always, you should only do what works for you and your blog.

1. Improve your blog design/redesign your blog
Redesigning your blog can help to keep your blog fresh. It's worth baring in mind how you can improve your current layout. For instance; 
Do you have links to your social media accounts - I've found so many blogs that don't display any way to follow them on other platforms. 
Do you have a picture of yourself on your blog? - not always necessary but its nice for the reader to see the writer behind the blog.
Is your design uncluttered and are the fonts easy to read?
Have you linked to previous posts?
Are categories easy to find?

2. Photography
I've said before that photography isn't my strong point - I've linked to some resources in this post that are all helpful. I personally don't think splashing out on an expensive camera or lighting is suddenly going to improve your blog photography but taking little steps, such as getting to know your camera and using cheap lighting options may help. You can pick up lamps and daylight bulbs fairly cheaply from DIY stores or Ebay and I have a few background ideas in this post. If photo editing is something you want to know more about then my post on a photo editing process for busy girls may be of interest.

3. Promotion
Promoting your blog and posts is massively important if you want to improve your stats. Once you've written a great post, getting it out there via social media will help to boost views and subscribers.  I've written a post here on how to promote your posts via social media and networking.

4. Monetisation
Making money from your blog is now a fairly common thing. If you're considering using your blog to make money then my guide to monetising your blog and using google adsense to earn money  may be useful. I also think its useful to consider how other bloggers make money - I love this post from By Regina. Whilst you're not going to be earning those kinds of figures from your blog straight away, its definitely food for thought and shows that with a lot of hard work, results can happen!

5. Consider SEO
If you use Wordpress then you may find it easier to take SEO into consideration as there a few plugins you can use (I recommend Yoast). If you use Blogger then its a little less straightforward. I could write a whole essay on SEO as there is a lot to consider but to keep things simple I have a post on 5 SEO tips for bloggers. 


Do you have any tips for upping your blogging game?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

35 comments

  1. I'm loving your blog design, it's so simple yet effective and pretty! Having a little blog redesign/makeover always makes me more encouraged to blog. Thank you for mentioning Monetisation, I've always wondered about that but never found any posts that explain it well enough to fully understand! I'll be heading over to read those posts now.

    alice x | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great post ! love your blogging tips, they're so helpful x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips - I had a redesign this week & I feel a new enthusiasm for blogging.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant post, clear and concise! Now I have a reference guide to go back to in case I forget something along the way :) thanks a lot ^^

    H.
    http://www.wanderwings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is some amazing advice, thanks!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post! It was very helpful and informative!!
    http://rachelelizabethxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for these tips! I love the photo backgrounds post too :-) Rebeka x

    www.rebekataylor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really useful tips!

    Katy x x


    www.whatkatyknows.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a great post! your tips are very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed a really big influx in followers as soon as I put a little money into buying a pretty template, rather than just altering what little I could with the blogger templates. It just makes your site look a little more professional and polished, and frames your photos in a lovely way. I would also recommend Disqus, it just makes commenting so user friendly!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post. I love hearing other blogger's tips!

    <3 Tawni @ MoonshineBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think redesign and promotion are both great things, I did them last year. I will be checking out the other tips too. I would add that making a customized URL and building a personal social media brand (which goes a little to promotion) are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blogging tips, very very helpful. I tend to come here a lot for guidance when I'm a bit stuck. xx

    http://barbie-fromhell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the tips! I'm always curious to see what other bloggers do. I will definitely be checking out the links you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these tips! Definitely agree with you on all of them :) x
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would personally say that for me a big improvement has come from thinking more critically about the layout and presentation of each post I write - e.g. putting an enticing picture at the top and making the text readable.

    That brings me along to my second point - text legibility! I'm so often put off by blogs where the text is too small or in an unreadable colour.

    Bethan, Audacity of Food

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. love these types of posts. I'm always trying to better my blog. My blog is my everything :)

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good tips...

    http://simpleplaintruth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am definitely going to try and upgrade my photography this year! Btw, I love the new header xx

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful tips!!

    Leslie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tips! I need to up my photography skills for sure! I think aside from having great content, photography + design helps set your blog apart from others. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for all the tips, I definitely need to work on the design of my blog, but to be honest it still seems rather intimidating !!
    Have a great day :)
    Malika


    Malikaheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. very helpful! x
    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where is the best place to buy a good Blog template.? xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this. I'm just starting out on jerseygypsy.com. I have some experience from working at a beauty website in the past. But this has answered all my lingering questions and is a huge help!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just had a look through most of your blogging 101 posts and they really helped. Thank you so much!

    faeriedrugs blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for this :) Also, I noticed a little error, its 'bearing in mind' not 'baring', just so you know for the future! x
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many helpful pointers, I am always up for improving my blog and in the new year it's a great time to do it!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really needed this seeing as I just recently started out

    Alaina | Urban-Glam Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very helpful tips, thanks for sharing!

    Hannie at // Chapters Like This //

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've bookmarked this to keep for future reference. I've just started my blog so this is very helpful :)

    Rebecca
    rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a good post! :)

    Laura Rachel | | xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Collaborations with Brands are the perfect way to up your blogging game! If you're looking to Collaborate with leading Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Brands be sure to register at Shopping Links. We have some amazing Brands that are looking to work with fabulous bloggers today! Love Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo