In this post I noted a few blogging goals that I hoped to achieve this year. I've really enjoyed reading other bloggers posts stating their hopes and dreams whether its related to their personal life or blog. For me, certainly the easy part is writing down (or typing) your goals - its often easier to visualise them when you see them in black and white. However, achieving them is sometimes easier said than done. It's exciting to start working towards the goals you've set yourself but if you find keeping motivated is particularly hard to do then the following tips may help.
1. Set yourself no more than five goals. Its difficult to focus when you have several aspects you want to concentrate on. Keeping your goals to a maximum of five allows you to really dedicate both time and effort to each one without feeling overwhelmed.
2. Set yourself micro-goals. Creating one or several major goals for yourself and your blog can seem overwhelming. Setting yourself small goals or milestones allows you to gradually work towards the larger target. For example, if your goal is to interact with the blogging community more than a micro-goal might be to participate in a blog chat on twitter once a week.
3. When you've considered your micro-goals or milestones then its time to think about how you're going to achieve them. Creating a plan of action or schedule alongside your blog is a great way to organise your goals and work towards them. This could be in the form of a daily or weekly action plan with a checklist you can easily follow and bring you closer towards your major goals.
4. Create a visualisation or mood board. Keeping this in your home or somewhere where you can regularly view it helps to keep your targets in mind. You can add clippings from magazines, photos or printables to your board to help focus on your blog goals. For example, if one of your goals is to improve your blog design then you could add images that inspire you, pretty fonts, favourites colours - aspects that will offer inspiration to your new blog design. If your blog goal is improving your photography then why not add images you love to a mood board to offer a source of inspiration for your photography.
5. Review your progress. Reviewing your progress on a regular basis is a great way to reflect on your achievements and what you need to work towards. You can make any adjustments you need to or even update your overall goals.
With that advice in mind, I've created a free download pack for your to print out containing worksheets,an action plan and blank mood board for you to use to help you achieve your blogging goals.
*Note - Its completely free to download and print but please don't copy or distribute this work as your own*
If your a blogger, I would love to know what your blogging goals are this year!
Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +