New Beauty On The High Street/Drugstore...


After a Sunday splurge in Boots, I posted this picture to my instagram account yesterday. As most of these beauty goodies are fairly new releases, I've decided to give a mini rundown of them on here as payday is coming up and you might fancy treating yourself.

I'm actually on a spending ban of sorts at the moment but I had some vouchers from Christmas to use so I headed to Boots to see if I could find anything interesting on the stands. I've seen a few good reviews of the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit so hunting that down was my first port of call. This kit comes in fair and medium - as I'm as pale as a milk bottle, I opted for the pale kit. Inside the compact is light and tan/brown coloured powders that you apply to the face to contour. I haven't used this kit as yet but on first impressions the darker shade looks pretty dark for pale skin. However, this kit has great reviews online so hopefully it'll look better once applied.

Also at the Seventeen stand, I spotted the new Cheek & Lip Stain Gel Tints - I picked up perky pink but I also spotted a coral shade too. I have a soft spot for Seventeen blushes as I wore their cream blush in butterscotch (long discontinued) constantly in my teens. This is a gel stain that can be used on both on cheeks and lips. Again I haven't given this a go yet but its got a sponge applicator which I quite like the look of and the packaging is pretty cute - its currently 2 for £8 or 2 for £6 on selected products within the 17 range. On a stand of its own were the Seventeen Colour Carousel Nail Polishes. These are £1.99 each and there's a massive range of shades. I purchased 'light blue' which is more of a cornflower blue. I'm looking forward to trying this out. If its decent, I'm sure I'll pick up more shades as £1.99 is a bargain!

I had a brief look at the other makeup stands and the only other product to catch my eye was the Loreal Superliner Smokissime in black - this is a pointed sponge tipped liner that creates a smokey/grungy look. I don't own anything like this so I'm not sure how I'll get on with it but the sponge feels soft and the colour is pigmented. I haven't used a loreal liner before so we'll see.
I originally only stepped out of the house yesterday to get dry shampoo - the Herbal Essences dry shampoo can is absolutely rubbish and stopped working after one use, however I thought I'd give the normal shampoo version a try - The Clearly Naked range is formulated without parabens or silicones, which is meant to be better for your hair. I don't really rate Herbal Essences Shampoo as they usually leave my hair looking like an oil slick but this was on offer at £1.99 so I'll give it a go. For dry shampoo, I opted for the Aussie Miracle Mega Instant Dry Shampoo in travel size. This seems to have a few mixed reviews online. I've tried loads of dry shampoos and have yet to find an incredible one so I don't have massive expectations.

Finally, I purchased the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask for bleached or coloured hair. I gave this a try last night and I'm fairly impressed. You use this before shampoo and leave on for 20-30 minutes. It left my hair looking shinier and feeling softer, however its not as good as the Macadamia Hair Mask. The Bleach London mask is only £6 so its pretty good for a budget buy - I need to use it a few more times before I make up my mind on it.

Have you made any purchases recently?

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

16 comments

  1. That nail polish is a beautiful shade of blue! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for an amazing dry shampoo I would highly recommend the Perk Up Dry Shampoo by Amika. I don't know if it's readily available in the UK but I got a mini bottle for Christmas and it's the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. Here's a review I put up on my blog: http://www.crisconquers.com/2015/01/monthly-beauty-favorites-december-2014.html

    www.crisconquers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id love to try that dry shampoo! I had no idea they made one. Batiste is my favorite right now!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found the HE shampoos have left my hair really oily in the past too (in particular, the light purple one) but I've been using this one and it is so much better. It really leaves my hair feeling thoroughly clean and it doens't start to get greasy for a couple of days (which is really good for me!) :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh that Seventeen contour kit looks good!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tempted by the 17 palette although it looks a little dark for my skintone xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The seventeen contour kit sounds really good, definitely going to purchase it! Great post x
    Aislingsbeautybytes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear by Aussie products now I use them all and love them. Never tried any of the others though. xo x

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Like the sound of the bleach London mask, my hair could do with a boost especially after the cold weather

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just picked up the Loreal eyeliner in the brown shade - I really like something like this underneath the eye xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail polish is such a pretty shade! I love the sound of the L'Oreal liner, too, will have to keep my eyes peeled for that one :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been loving the Herbal Essence line so much! It makes my hair feel amazing.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad Aussie have jumped on the dry shampoo bandwagon. Their scents are just ah-mazing!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  14. You picked up some great bits! I really want to try that bleach hair mask, I have been dyeing my hair for years and I really need something to make it soft and shiny again!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the seventeen products look so cool! I want to try them all out! Wonderful post!
    http://rachelelizabethxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour of the SEVENTEEN polish!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo