The Staples In My Makeup Bag



I love looking in peoples makeup bags. Maybe because I'm quite nosey?! so today, I'm sharing the staples in my own bag a.k.a the trusty beauty items I can always rely on. 
I was recently gifted this beautiful floral cosmetics bag by Marc Jacobs. Unlike my previous makeup bags, this one is made from thick material. Theres a pink floral print (its also available in yellow too) on the outside with a Marc Jacobs tag on the front. Inside, the lining is black and white with the Marc Jacobs name printed all over. I wont lie, this is the nicest cosmetics bag I've owned. It looks really lovely on my dressing table (in reality its a chest of drawers) and the size is big enough to store all my foundations, concealers and other beauty bumpf. 


I have an Ikea helmer to store the majority of my beauty products so I just keep my most used items in my make up bag as its much easier to reach them. Products, such as blushes, highlighters and shadows, I rotate on a regular basis but these are the ones currently in my makeup bag.


My favourite foundation is Revlon Colorstay - its great for oily or combination skin and I've lost count of how many bottles I've purchased over the years. I think I may try a No7 foundation next but I always end up coming back to Revlon. For concealer, I mainly use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for blemishes and imperfections and the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer for the under eye area. I have to use powder as my skin can get really oily. I'm using the Vichy Dermablend powder at the moment and its pretty good for helping to control oil. For brows, I love the Beauty UK Brow Kit* as its really easy to use. 
Blush wise, I like the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush and the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in streak which has a blush, highlighter and bronzer. If I want a quick and easy eye look, I'll use either MAC's Paint Pot in vintage selection or a No7 Shade & Define Shadow Pencil. To define and lengthen my lashes, I love the Lancome Hypnose Mascara - its become my HG mascara as its so good. 
Have you tried any of these products?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

30 comments

  1. That makeup bag is gorgeous! And Revlon Colorstay has been a staple in my makeup collection for years! I don't wear it on a daily basis (currently) but it's something I always have in my collection for days I know I need my foundation to last all day!

    lauren / lipstick & lacquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makeup bag is the cutest! I always love nosing in peoples make up bags!

    Through Chelsea's Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am noise as well & want to know what other woman keep in their makeup bags...

    Have a lovely day!!!

    xoxo Violeta, your Shoegal Out In The World

    www.shoegaloutintheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am desperate for the UD flushes palettes! I also LOVE the Beauty UK brow kit! It's very easy to use.
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried the Beauty UK stuff and I love it. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try one of the lancome mascaras but I never know which one to choose! After your recommendation I think I'm going to have to try the hypnose one!

    Rhiannon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makeup bag is lovely! I love Marc by Marc Jacobs - the whole range is always amazing. YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush is one of my favourites too.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried any! But I'm thinking of trying the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I'm hopeless when it comes to picking the right foundation and concealer. So I'm always on the lookout for what other's say about theirs.

    www.rebekahkoontzsite.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Naked Flushed palette looks gorgeous! I love your makeup bag xx
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! The makeup bag is lush! I've been eyeing up the beauty uk eyebrow kit but I have a couple of brow products i'm enjoying so have put off buying it but I WANT it haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, I'm quite nosey too! I love posts like these so that I can see what others have (loving that UD palette!). Hauls and what's in my bag posts may just be my favorite posts to read. Writing them is a different story though, but I did manage to do a what's in my bag post last week over on my blog!

    http://followbeautifullife.blogspot.com/
    x Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try the Revlon Colourstay foundation, it sounds so amazing!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your makeup bag is so cute I love it! I have revlon colourstay as well but it isn't my favourite, I do however like to wear it every now and then and it does give good coverage!
    Daxidream x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your makeup bag! The No7 Shadow pencils sound fab, i need to try those. That brow kit also looks like the HD Brow kit & I'm in need of a new brow product, always on the hunt for the perfect brow powder
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the Revlon foundation! You have a great selection of products! I want to try that Lancome mascara when my bank allows me haha :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also very nosey and love to see whats in others makeup bags! The Beauty UK Brow kit looks good, very compact too.

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin' | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're makeup bag is absolutely gorgeous! Also really want to try the Naked Flushed palette, and I swear by my Collection concealer x

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic // YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tried the Lancome Hypnose Mascara and I'm also a huge fan!! I love how much volume it gives to my lashes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Lancome mascara is one of my holy grails. And I love your makeup bag, such a standout!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a gorgeous makeup bag! I also love using Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer over my blemishes, and I also use a Seventeen concealer under my eyes, but I chose 'Phwoarr Paint' instead. I feel like both brands do such good concealers considering their prices :)

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog! :) This post is very inspiring, keep up the great work! I'm a fan. :)

    www.officialzalona.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would like to try the Revlon foundation and the dermablend powder :)

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That makeup bag is gorgeous! I love the Collection and Seventeen concealers!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore both these concealers!! and the brow kit looks amazing!
    aislingsbeautybytes.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is such a pretty makeup bag and looks like some great products as well. I really want the Naked Basic 2 palette as it looks so lovely.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  26. In love with the makeup bag!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. The YSL blush looks like the prettiest colour <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. That makeup bag is gorgeous! And I agree with you, I am also a sucker for these types of posts :)

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  29. im in love with your makeup bag! x
    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your makeup bag!
    Its so pretty!

    Helen

    www.jumblebug.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo