5 Must Have Makeup Buys Under £6


It's been ages since I mentioned some of my favourite high street/drugstore purchases. Theres a lot of choice when it comes to making a purchase. Obviously, if you haven't spent much money, its slightly less of a disappointment if a product isn't so good (nothing like spending £30 on a foundation, only to find its a dud). However, today I wanted to share some of my best budget buys.

When it comes to buying a budget makeup palette, I personally don't think theres a great choice out there. Though I admit I've yet to try the Loreal Paris La eyeshadow palette. Generally for palettes, I opt for sleek, makeup revolution or makeup academy. The Makeup Academy Elysium palette would be great if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay naked 3 palette. I've swatched it in this post - its also got a duo liner pencil too for both subtle and dramatic looks.  I'd also highly reccomend the Makeup Academy Flawless Shadow Palette too if you're a neutral lover. Its a little more expensive at £8 but you get 32 shadows - you can find out more in my post here.

Another Makeup Revolution product I really love are the radiant light powders - they're just £5 each and come in three shades, so theres something for every skin tone. You can view swatches in my post here. You can add warmth or highlight your complexion with a beautiful smooth powder that gives good colour payoff. If the Hourglass Ambient Light Powders are out of your budget like they are mine then opt for one of these powders instead. 

For concealing, you might be surprised to find that I'm not going to mention the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (even thought I do thinks its pretty damn good). The Seventeen Stay Time concealer is one I've purchased many times as its perfect for using both under the eye and on imperfections. I find the collection concealer is far too heavy to wear under the eye whereas the Seventeen concealer brightens and covers dark circles without caking or fading. Its only £4.49 and usually on offer of some kind, so its definitely worth picking up. 

On the lip front, a new addition has been the Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick (even though they're not really a lipstick). I haven't used any other lip pencil/lipstick hybrid before so I cant compare but I guess these are Maybellines version of the Nars lip pencils. I don't particularly find the pencil is mega creamy but there's good colour payoff and it stays put. If you tend to get dry lips, I'd wear a lip balm underneath as the colour can feel quite drying without it. I like to add a clear gloss too over the top for extra hydration and staying powder. For £4.99 these are a good buy and they don't take up much room in your bag either.

Finally, I'm showing some love for Avon. Avon isn't my go to for beauty but the Super Shock Gel Liners are amazing. I've used both black and silver shades of these and both are highly pigmented, creamy and long lasting. They're probably my favourite gel liner pencils as they're just so easy to use and are really affordable. They're currently on offer for £3 and I'd highly recommend them to anyone!

Have you tried any of these products?
What are your favourite budget buys?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

34 comments

  1. I absolutely love the Maybelline Color Drama's and Radiant Lights by Make Up Revolution. Really want to try the Seventeen concealer, I have Phwoar Paint and absolutely adore it x

    www.vanillabeautyx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these look like great products and the price is just amazing. I love that color of the lip pencil.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try those maybelline lip pencils, i've heard so many great things about them ! x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Avon in general - I think it's such an underrated brand. I want to try the Makeup Revolution powders too so it looks like you've just enabled me! Haha.
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab post! :)
    The Elysium Palette and Stay Time concealers are a couple of my holy grail products. I'm desperate to try the Makeup Revolution highlighters too.

    Rachel x
    www.theanxiouschapter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalms and Essence Lip Liners are great budget buys. Lovely post. I have the Makeup Revolution Flawless palette and its worth every single penny.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the high street has really upped their game when it comes to budget beauty buys. I rarely feel the need to purchase high-end makeup because Boots and Superdrug have such gems hidden in their aisles! With pay-day round the corner I've loved reading some of your mini reviews :) really want to try the pallet as it looks like great quality for the price!

    Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds :)
    www.bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybelline do some wonderful bits, especially those pencils!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need that MUA palette looks so so pretty 😍 - afashionoddity.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, the radiance powder looks gorgeous! Out of 'em, I've only tried the Maybelline Color Drama, just not in the shade you've pictured. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like Loreal products, specially their eye palettes. I've been wanting to try their Nudes Palette and now I have to add this new one to my wish list. Also, the Maybelline lipstick color is so pretty!

    sunnydays14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try the Radiant Light Powders x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That palette looks lovely, especially for the price. I really want to give the Maybelline pencils a try, they sound amazing x

    www.annablush.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice picks dear. Don't you mean the Makeup Revolution flawless palette? ;) I love that palette and I'm currently waiting for the matte one to arrive.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I may have to try the concealer you mentioned, I love the Collection concealer but it's a little too heavy for under my eyes.

    alice x | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Maybelline Colour Drama lipsticks have been on my must-buy list for a long time. I always hear good things about them and there's some lovely shades.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tried the Seventeen 25 hour foundation and I absolutely love it! I've not tried the concealer so I might need to pick it up next time I go into Boots!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to try those Maybelline Lip Pencils! They're supposed to be dupes for the NARS ones which is great for under £6! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Going to have to check out those Radiant Light powders, they sound awesome! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Maybelline Colour Drama are really good! It's the only product that I've tried, but I'm really curious about the Avon gel liner!

    Julia x
    | http://www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a great liner - a bargain if you can get it for £3 x

      Delete
  22. I have fallen head over heels in love with the shade of the Maybelline lipstick, it looks so pretty!

    Ooh La Luce | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really want to try so many of these products. I love the Make up Revolution eyeshadows to, they are just so pigmented for the price x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love this post, such amazing products and so cheap! Love this kinda post x

    http://leannewinters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Makeup Revolution highlighters are definitely one of my top products under £6 too! As much of a love/hate relationship I have with the Collection concealer it really is amazing for the price. I do actually have that MUA palette but haven't used it! I definitely will after reading this though :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deffo give it it try, its really lovely x

      Delete
  26. I've heard a few good things about this concealer and really need to jump on the bandwagon! X
    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the look of the make up revolution light powders! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gotta try those Maybelline Colour Drama Lipsticks!:) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo