Having a sleek and visually good looking blog design can make you feel more confident about blogging and improve the reader experience. I've recently changed my blog design and I feel so much better about my blog. There are a few ways you can improve your blog design and if you're looking to spruce up your site, here are a few of my suggestions.
1. Use a pattern for a background. I love subtle patterns for sleek and attractive backgrounds. To use any of these, simply download the pattern of your choice, upload it to photobucket and follow my tutorial here.
2. Use a new font. You can use fonts both on your blogger template and on your header. I love google fonts for post headers and sidebar headers. You do need to check they work on all browsers though as some fonts dont. You can view my post here which shows you how to add a google font to your blog.
I also love this post which showcases 14 free pretty fonts you can use on your blog. You can also check out some of my favourite fonts here too. To use fonts from dafont or fontquirrel, simply save the font to your computer, unzip the file and install the font to your computer by opening the font file. You'll then be able to use the font in picmonkey, pixlr or photoshop.
3. Use watercolours for your background, header or other design elements. You'll find 12 free watercolour textures from Persia Lou here.
4. Use clip art for your header. I love Angie Makes for free clip art - they're seriously awesome and free!This wreath set is nice for creating a header.
5. Use free blog graphics for your headings and social media icons. I love this set from Clementine Creative. Carmia's site is so pretty and she has other amazing free resources too.
Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +