5 Quick & Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Following on from my healthy lunch inspiration post, I thought I would tackle breakfast. My mum always drummed it into me and my sisters heads that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating a good breakkie sets you up for the day and helps to give you a bit more of an energy boost in the morning. Usually, I just have a bowl or cereal or weetabix. I'm not someone who can eat a massive breakfast but I want to make some healthier choices, so here are a few ideas I'm going to try out (click on the bold header to be taken straight to the recipe).



This looks so delicious - why does food look more appetising in a mason jar?


raspberry sunrise smoothie



Smoothies are great for a quick snack too. I personally don't find them mega filling, so they're not for the days when you wake up starving. On a lazy day though, they're perfect and nutritious too!



Healthy 5 ingredient granola bars



These bars look so good and also great for taking with you to eat on the go.



Easy spinach & egg white omelette



I love omelettes as they're so quick and easy to make - if I can make them then anyone can!Full of protein and iron!


Tomato & goat cheese on toast



OK, so maybe not the healthiest of options but sometimes you just need some cheese on toast to get you through the morning. Full of calcium and fibre.


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

17 comments

  1. I'm really keen on the idea of granola bars! xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try out those granola bars, they look so yummy x

    blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love granola for breakfast. I like to have smoothies too, the smoothies I make are filling :) Not sure I would have time to make omelette though but those granola bars look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the healthiest breakfast I can find myself is a smoothie, so I will be definitely be trying some of these out! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look delicious :)
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and so healthy!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look wonderful! I love yogurt parfaits for breakfast! Currently I have been loving avocado and a sunny side up egg on toast. It's so filling and delicious!
    Amy | Dervish Darling

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so good! I think I will try the granola bar soon, it would be good for breakfast or for a snack.

    Geneviève | gendotss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. We swear by a healthy smoothie first thing in the morning, it really helps to boost us for the rest of the day!

    www.bombcosmetics.me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and all of these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection of alternative breakfasts Zoe. The smoothie looks really tasty, good enough to have at any time of day!

    www.Onlycrumbsremain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are really good ideas I'm also going on a healthy thing at the moment. Please could you post some more smoothie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. everything looks super delicious :)

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! That smoothie looks super yum, but our blender is REALLY NOISY haha so don't know if I'll be making those in early mornings.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing these! Since I started my health kick, I've been struggling to find healthy breakfast options! :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is exactly what i need to kick start my new regime! I love granola, yoghurt and fresh fruit, can't beat it! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving granola and yoghurt at the moment! And those granola bars look delish! Some good ideas and the pictures look great!

    Josie
    josievictoriaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo