Bourjois Nude Sensation Blur Effect Foundation



After having a browse on Feel Unique, I spotted the new Bourjois Nude Sensation Blur Effect Foundation which is currently exclusive to them. I havent had much luck with Bourjois foundations in the past - the ones I've liked ended up being discontinued but I thought I'd give this a try as these days I prefer using light foundations.

The Bourjois Nude Sensation Blur Effect Foundation is a mousse foundation with a light texture that instantly melts into the skin. As its in a pot, the packaging isnt as hygienic as a tube or bottle. Not my favourite but I guess its easier to use up the whole product.


This foundation comes in four shades - nude clair, nude rose, nude dore and nude ensoleille. I chose the lightest shade nude clair which as you can tell above isnt super light. However, once its blended it actually appears lighter than in the pot. 

I like to apply this with a buffing brush. Its really easy to blend and leaves a velvety, matte finish. I dont really agree with the blur effect part but it does even out the complexion and leaves skin feeling smooth and soft. Despite it being a light textured foundation, it controls oil pretty well. It holds up throughout the day, even on my oily t-zone. 


You can see the difference above once the foundation is blended out. Its just a touch too dark for my skintone - I really wish Bourjois would consider making lighter and darker shades as their shade selection really lets them down. 
I didnt get on well with Bourjois Healthy Mix but this foundation has really surprised me. Its one of the better Bourjois foundations I've used and its perfect for normal to oily skin tones that need light coverage. Its priced £9.99 and I imagine it will probably roll out nationwide at some point (thought dont take my word for it) but for now you can purchase it at feel unique.

Have you tried Bourjois foundations?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

12 comments

  1. I've rekindled my love affair with the Healthy Mix Serum lately! This looks nice. My shade is usually 53, maybe a tad dark, but works pretty well!

    Thanks for the review!
    Julia | Wing Me a Dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that it helps with the t zone area. I definitely don't need to look oilier than usual.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the healthy mix foundation so ill have to get my paws on this!

    A Scottish Rose | Beauty & Lifestyle 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up! Definitely sounds like I will like / need this one (:
    ABlogByPhilippa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely, im not usually a big fan of mousse foundations x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds lovely, and I've always got on with mousse foundations!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely! I am usually a liquid foundation kind of person, but Bourjois seem like they can do no wrong in the base department.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I'm a fan of Bourjois, I don't particularly like mousse foundations, as I find them to be cakey so I might have to give this one a miss x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that is quite a good match for you and it actually looks dewy rather than matte but then I can hardly see it I think it is blended that well.:)

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a great fan of mouse foundations but it does look super creamy
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this does look really nice and sounds pretty good if you say it holds up on an oily T-zone! It's a shame they don't do lighter shades though :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been looking for a foundation and I love Bourjois so I think I shall have to give this a go. Thanks for the review, very helpful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo