Real Ways To Make Money From Blogging



Blogging is constantly evolving and its now a way that many make a living from. I'll be completely transparent and say that I make a little from this site and I'm nowhere near being a full time blogger. I don't really have a plan to do so at this point but I thought it might be helpful to share the ways that many do make money from. 

When I first started out blogging, I wondered how anyone could possibly make revenue from their website. There are a few bloggers who do share how they make their money and I've linked some below. I don't have a problem talking about how I make money via this site as its no secret and I don't see it as bragging as I'm hardly sat on a yacht sipping champagne while I write this. 

I make a small amount each month via Google adsense - I wrote more on how to make money via adsense here. You need to earn £60 before you can cash out and I'm not quite there yet but generally I earn around £5-£6 each month via a small google ad on my sidebar. I recently joined Media Nexus which 'run' my other ads on site. I've not checked my earnings yet, so I'll have to update on that one. I also have advertising space on my sidebar for sponsors (other bloggers and small etsy shops) which are £4 each, so that revenue really depends on how many slots are filled. 

I also have skimlinks on this site which is basically affiliate marketing - it someone clicks through a link and makes a purchase, I receive a small %. I generally earn around £4 to £5 per month. As you can see its not much but it helps to cover the cost of giveaways, domain renewal etc. There's also sponsored posts too but I dont really do many of those, so its just when one pops up that fits with the site and readership. I'm normally emailed those opportunities and I turn them down if they're not suitable as I want to keep things genuine on here. 

As I'm not a full time blogger, I wanted to share a few links to bloggers that either run a full time blog or earn via their blog. I hope you'll find these helpful if you're thinking of monetising your site (click on the bold header to go to the site).


Makeup Savvy - Top 10 ways to make money from blogging



A really useful resource of ways to earn money from your blog.


Making sense of cents - How to make money blogging



A few other ways to make money blogging - Michelle also details her income on her blog which is a really interesting read.


By Regina - Blog income report 


I've linked to this before and I definitely think its food for thought. I love reading income posts as it shows you what can be achieved.


Bella the blog - How I get paid to blog


Some more ways to earn from your blog. Some of these may be US based but definitely something to think about if you're across the pond.




A free and useful Ebook on money making and growing your blog.


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

22 comments

  1. this post was really helpful, i'm still too young to use adsense but the other ways intrigued me x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource! I've really been wanting to dig into this and hadn't know how to do it in a respectable way, that wouldn't annoy my readers. haha. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for share!! it's really helpful!
    xx carli

    http://lavidaseguncarli.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a helpful post: and its nice to read you are able to earn enough to help cover things like domain etc xx

    Laura//Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a helpful post. I use skim links and reward style. Although reward style is really odd, I've had it for 5 months and earn around £3! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something I find so interesting. A lot of people have an idea that monetising is easy and just happens, but it's actually a lot more complex than "getting paid to blog".

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so helpful!! Thank you!! This is one of the best posts I have read. What do you use to edit your photos and add text and stuff to them? Thanks! :)


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was lovely and so helpful. I wanted to earn a little more for giveaways so I know now how to.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly food for thought Zoe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really useful post! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. It is one topic that I don't really know much about x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. very very helpful.. i'm starting to understand a little bit more of this world<3

    xx from Italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really helpful post, it's always nice when bloggers are open and honest! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't say that whether this post would be helpful to make money for me or not for I haven't tried any of the methods listed by the bloggers but I am seriously happy that I read this post. Thanks to you I came across some new and awesome bloggers. I would be looking forward to network with them.
    Great write-up. :)
    Regards
    http://www.finixpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative post. Will check out these e-books!

    www.intransitph.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tips!

    www.eatwearwander.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks so much for sharing! my blog has so much potential yet i have no idea where to begin to start getting a few extra bucks / how people do it. totally respect you sharing this even if its just a tiny bit of revenue, its better than nothing. :-) http://thebeetique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that was a very helpful post! :) thanks so much! BTW love your blog :) I'm a fan ;) Keep up the great work!

    xoxo Jealsea

    www.omgyousassqueen.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, getting ready to install AdSense even though I've been blogging for a few years but would like to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really helpful post and great links. I hadn't heard of Media Nexus before but I'm going to check it out now
    Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post but google adsense too hard in my country.. I write in my language also in English but still declined.. I started on April 2014 but still declined..

    Crocus

    www.crocusinsun.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your posts are really helpful, I think I've just read about 4 of them! I'm definitely bookmarking for future reference! Thanks for sharing x

    www.againstthegrain.london

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo