Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit


Contouring is going to be a huge beauty trend this year. There's already a few contouring products on the market and The Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit is one of the more affordable options out there. For £5.99 you get a compact with mirror and two powders - a very light toned powder and a brown toned powder. I believe there's two shades of kit - light and medium. Word of warning - if you're picking this up, make sure you check the barcode area for the shade. Its in tiny lettering and theres no difference in packaging between the two shades bar the small text. 

Both the shades of matte powder in this kit are ultra soft. They actually feel slightly like a cream rather than powder and they blend beautifully. With this kit, you get a little instruction leaflet on how to apply. If you're new to contouring then its definitely helpful to have a mini guide!

I've only really been using the brown shade in the hollow of my cheekbones. In the pan, it looks so dark but it applies much lighter. I only use a very small amount and blend thoroughly with the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush. Despite the fact I'm incredibly pale, this shade looks so natural. Its not too warm toned which is probably why it looks so flattering.


I've swatched the shades way darker than I would ever wear, so its definitely a buildable shade. If you're after a cheap contouring kit that looks natural and is long lasting then this is the product for you. Generally I find Seventeen can be hit and miss but I'm really impressed with this nifty little kit. 

If you're pale and want a subtle contour then give this a go. Despite how dark it looks, I promise its a really natural looking product. It can be built up too, so if your skintones slightly darker then this could work. The range is limited with just two shades of kit but for pale to medium skin tones this is a winner!

Have you tried contouring products?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

17 comments

  1. I have this contour kit and absolutely love it!

    Alisha x
    www.beautywithalisha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing this up for a while but because I've never seen any reviews on it I was a bit weary but I'm definitely going to go and pick this up now!

    www.thebeautybaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really great! I'm like you, I'm super pale so I'm always really afraid when I buy things like this but I'll give this ago I think! x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love contouring (:
    There are so many budget friendly kits available now. I really like the Sleek one and have just starting experimenting with cream formulas with the beauty uk palette (:
    ABlogByPhilippa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- this looks like such a good one for that price point! I don't contour often enough to go all-out for a contour palette, so I do prefer products like this :)
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super pale and this sounds perfect! I will be adding it to my wishlist :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a really useful palette to have and it's really cheap too. x

    www.chantallovesblogging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so much about this duo and it seems like a great dupe for the NARS duos too! x

    FARFROMPERFECTIONXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh looks really nice, sounds like a good product ! would love to try it x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this looks really good, such a great price too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realise there were two shades! I'd been looking at this and despite hearing good reviews I though it was far too light but I'll definitely keep an eye out for the medium now :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely, will have to pick this up!

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking at the contour kit for ages now! Might take the plunge and buy it, so cheap too :)

    Jenna | jennaloves3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't really tried contouring at all in the past but it's something I want to try and get into because my face is so pale with a complete lack of any kind of definition. This looks like a fabulous little set for the price, when I first saw the picture I thought it was NARS or a brand along the lines x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swear by my Sleek Contour Kit but I've been looking for this in Boots, however every time I go in it's sold out! I'll be picking it up as soon as I find it. It sounds great.

    UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great - fab doe bare skin and so affordable! :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing the review. I like subtle shades which look natural. Will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo