3 Essentials For Very Oily Skin


Now that its approaching summer, I'm finding my skin is starting to get oilier. My t-zone in particular becomes very oily. Finding products that don't completely slide off your face by midday isn't easy. I've tried a lot of products over the years and I've found a few that have good staying power.

Face powder is an essential for any oily girls out there. I've used so many powders and I dread to think about how much money I've spent trying to find a decent one. These days I swear by loose powder as an initial setting powder - you can't take it with you on the go but it looks very natural and doesn't cake like a lot of pressed powders do. My current powder is the Ben Nye Translucent Face Powder in fair. I actually meant to buy the neutral set powder and somehow picked the wrong one but its a fairly good product and brilliant value for money. You get a whopping 45 grams of powder in the pot, so it'll last for ages. It does a good job of controlling oil but for me, the Vichy loose powder combined with Revlon's color stay foundation is the ultimate dream team in terms of complete oil control - I can go most of the day without blotting which is normally unheard of for me. I'd probably opt for that one in future but the Ben Nye one is good for slightly oily skin types. 

For my eyelids, a primer is a completely essential product. I used to the like the Urban Decay Primer Potion but I found it left my shadow looking really dry, so now I tend to use a MAC Paint Pot. I have nubile, which was limited edition but I'd say painterly might be similar. I use a shadow or another cream shadow over the top and it stays put really well.

In summer, I like to opt for a powder blush as I find they normally have better staying power (it does depend on the brand though). I love Illamasqua's powder blushes as they're highly pigmented, soft to touch and blend well. I like the shade 'tremble' for spring/summer - its a light peachy pink that's super pretty!

Do you have any essentials for oily skin?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

Check out my platinum advertiser The Bare Faced Chic

32 comments

  1. Thank you for the suggestions! I have actually thinking about changing my powder due to oily skin. Was thinking about getting some mattifiying. Is that word? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in Translucent for the summer!

    Mikayla :)
    www.thenorthernjoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent used that for a while but will look into it :)

      Delete
  3. This Ben Nye powder sounds amazing. I definitely have oily skin which I don't like at all. Great post.

    Golden chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with these 3 products being great for oily skin! I really want to try out the Ben Nye powders as I've heard so many amazing things (:

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why they're popular :)

      Delete
  5. I will have to try these I have bad oily skin and I am always looking for products that won't slide off!! XX
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're good ones to try :)

      Delete
  6. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent. It's so light on the skin and sets my makeup perfectly! It's also really really cheap! You have some great recommendations! I really want to try the Mac Paint Pots!

    dyannedavid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it a few years ago but need to give it another go :)

      Delete
  7. These are defo helpful for people with an oily t-zone (cough, right here :) )
    Thanks for the tips beauty!

    xx, Mel
    http://melinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that blush. Is there any shimmer in it? Thanks for the tips :) May x

    mackandmay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, its completely matte :)

      Delete
  9. I really want to try a Mac paint pot, they sound perfect as an eyeshadow base!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for these suggestions!! I've noticed my skin is already getting a bit oiler so it's always nice to get to know new products. I really want to try the paint pots by MAC. I was thinking about getting the Urban Decay Primer Potion but now I'm really curious about the paint pots :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know! I had been considering the Ben Nye face powder for quite some time. I may have to pick this up before the summer hits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've wanted to try the Ben Nye powder for absolutely ages X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use the Ben Nye Neutral set and the Banana Powder as well as I have really oily skin as well.

    Nashia
    MakeupandBeautyMayhem

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try Illamasqua products. One day!!
    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful Paint Pot. I have the Ben Nye powder too, it's a great value, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always wanted to try Illamasqua's blushes!
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. How im surviving without MAC paint pot's i just dont know! They sound amazing.. I need to pick one up soon!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's really interesting! I'm also an incredibly oily gal and I found that UD's Primer Potion actually made my eyeshadow look really oliy and creased!

    My essential products are Covergirl TruBlend foundation and Nude by Nature translucent powder :) x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never tried any of the Ben Bye Powders, but heard so many great things about them!

    www.sevenminsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Illamasqua powder blushes, I have 'Sophie' which is such a beautiful pinky colour with gold.
    sophielfarrell.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tips, I don't think any of my products are specifically for oily skin so these would be good to try!

    Josie
    josievictoriaa

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to try the Mac paint pot but was scared it would glide off on oily skin, guess I don't have to worry anymore! Great post :) x

    Jadie | www.jadiespillett.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I find a primer a MUST in making non-matte makeup stay put. Body Shop also have some face blotting tissues with powder, which are great for touching up, especially in the middle of a night out.

    - Lubna from www.thedigitalreview.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo