3 Foundations for Pale/Oily Skin Types


I've been using a few new foundations recently - all of which are ideal for pale skintones like me. Finding a good foundation that's light enough for my porcelain skin can sometimes be a challenge but I'm fairly happy with the colour matches of these three.
Everyone has been raving about the new Loreal 24 Hour Mattifying Infallible Foundation and luckily it lives up to its expectations. I've been wearing (porcelain shade 10) a lot lately as it really does hit the mark on several aspects. Despite being labelled as full coverage, I'd say its more medium. You do need extra concealer on noticeable blemishes but it surprisingly feels fairly light on the skin. It blends really well, both with fingers or a brush and lasts fairly well throughout the day. I do need to blot once or twice during the day but I have a really oily t-zone. Packaging wise, this tube is perfect. The nozzle dispenses just enough foundation and the tube ensures you can get the last drops of foundation out. I'm not a fan of products that claim to last 24 hours (lets face it, who wears their makeup that long) but for normal to oily skin types, it is definitely one of the best foundations at the drugstore/highstreet.

At high end level, I've been using Dior Star Foundation*. It looks a little two tone in the bottle above (I forgot to shake the bottle) but it's a decent shade match. I wear shade 010 ivory which is just a touch too dark for me but I can get away with it. Unlike the Loreal mattifying foundation, Dior Star leaves a semi matte finish on the skin (slightly dewy but not overly so). It offers medium coverage and blends well. This foundation has good oil control. Not quite as good as the Loreal offering but definitely better than some others that I've tried. I really like the radiant finish as I find my complexion looks brighter and more healthy. I havent heard too much about Dior Star despite it being a relatively new addition to Dior's lineup. The glass bottle with pump makes it easy to dispense and the foundation itself is one of the better high end products I've tried. I can see this suiting a range of skin types from slightly dry to oily. If you're in the mood for trying a new higher end foundation then this is one to look at. 

Back to a more budget foundation, this one is the new Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation (not currently available in the UK). I use the shade porcelain which is slightly yellow toned but still a good colour match. Despite being labelled as matte and poreless, it isnt great on that front. However, there is something about this foundation I like. It feels very lightweight on the skin and as its yellow toned, it helps to tone down any redness in my skin. I mainly use this foundation on lazy days when I dont want to wear too much makeup. Oily skins will need to blot with this one but it tends to hold up throughout the day. The packaging is a downside as there's no pump here but foundation itself is decent. I purchased mine from eBay and I'd probably repurchase it if its released here in the UK. 

Have you tried any of these foundations?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

Check out my platinum advertiser The Bare Faced Chic and luxe advertiser Frannymac

19 comments

  1. i currently use the maybelline fit me foundation but not the matte & poreless one, and i have to say it's not good for oily skin .. the colour match is perfect though, porcelain is the perfect shade for me !

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the fit me one on a few posts and it sounds lovely. I have very oily skin and hated the new L'Oreal one, i found it wasn't full coverage and made me more oily x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really struggle to find a foundation that suits my (extremely) pale and oily skin. I've been using smash box recently which seems to do the job, but I'll definitely have to give these a try. Lovely post!! Sarah xx http://berrysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im surprised you like the Dior Star as an oily skin type - I have super dry skin and love it! I guess it just really adapts well to the oils in the skin. I almost find it gets better looking on me as the day goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this post! I love reading about new makeup products if others have reviewed them. With the summer months coming up, however, I like a bb cream or tinted moisturizer better... do you have any favorites in that category?

    -Amanda
    www.blissfulgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really oily skin so I shall give these a looksie
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the loreal foundation too and was actually looking at the dior one today. Maybe I'll ask to try it on and see how it looks next time (:
    ABlogByPhilippa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seeing this new L'oreal foundation everywhere. I really have to get it cause my skin gets pretty oily during the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really hope the Maybelline one comes out in the UK soon, it sounds perfect! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd love to try the Loreal one because so many people have been loving it! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore Dior Star, I fell for it the minute I first used it!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try the new L'oreal foundation as everyone is raving about it, I'm so tempted to buy it!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already own too many foundations, but I will definitely be looking into these further x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Loreal foundation sounds worth trying out! I've got such oily skin :'(! x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so much about that L'Oreal foundation - would love to give it a go! I always find it so hard to find pale foundations at the drugstore x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. That version of the Fit Me sounds so lovely! I can't wait for it to launch here. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is like the perfect post for me, I have both pale & oily skin, I was actually going to try out the L'oreal infallible 24-hr matte but forgot about it, so I'll have to go pick it up! x

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am super pale (NW10-13 kind of pale) and I always struggle finding pale drugstore foundations, although I have found a few. I really want to try the Dior foundation :) I love the L'oreal one you mentioned, it's brilliant.

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to try the Dior Skin, I've been debating buying it but it does seem like a good option!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo